Chapter 5 - Ramps and Waves

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Jaeyun and I got to the skateboarding ramps as soon as we were allowed by his mom. He started by teaching me the basics

"Alright, hold my hand then step on the board."

I held both his hands and slowly placed both my feet on the board just as he instructed. My legs became wobbly as the board kept rolling.

"Fix your posture, the board will keep on rolling if you lean like that." He said as he held my hands tightly. "You've got to balance."

I listened to what he said and quickly applied it. The board gradually stopped moving and slowly his hands released mine. I almost squealed with happiness when I stood still there for a few seconds.

"Okay. Umm... quick question." I asked and he hummed in response. "How the hell do I get off without falling flat on my face?" I couldn't move my legs in fear of just the board rolling uncontrollably.

He laughed at my question but quickly stopped as I glared at him. He coughed and said, "Lift one foot off and balance then just step on the ground." Still with a smile on his face.

I tried what he said but as soon as I lifted my right foot off the board it rolled back and forth and my legs became even more wobbly. I placed my other foot on the board and looked at him scared as I shook my head and said, "Nope! That is not working."

I heard his hearty laugh again as he stepped forward to help me. "Here let me help you."

I was waited for his hands to just hold mine as I stepped off the board. But what he did was unexpected. His arm snaked around the back of my waist, the other one was laced on the back of my knees as he lifted me off the board.

"Jaeyun!" All I could do was hold on to his neck as tight as I could to not fall from his grasp. His face was close to mine and I could see his face even clearer now. He still looked perfect especially as he sported his oh-so-famous smile. He even twirled me twice before putting me down to the ground. As soon as my feet safely landed on the ground, I pushed myself off him and glared at him.

All he did was laugh.

Soon enough, I got the hang of the basic and I watched as he did different tricks on the board. He explained the steps very well so I easily did the tricks when it was already my turn. Soon after that, I was the one who's laughing and not Jaeyun.

"Wait, Aera! Be careful!" He yelled as I speed up across the area. No one else was using it so I tried to be as fast as I possibly can.

I sped up and almost hit on one of the barricades by the side of the road. "Oh my gosh! That was close!" I exclaimed before I laughed as I heard Jaeyun's voice from a distance, "I told you! Slow down!" he was practically frantic at this point.

As I got the feel of the wind flowing through my hair, I felt the peaceful feeling that I only have ever felt on the beach. I soon got tired of simply rolling around the tracks so I tried some of the tricks I learned.

But as I turned I heard Jaeyun yell again, "Stop turning around every chance you get! You're going to fall!"

I ignored him and placed both my feet on the edge of the board so the wheels on the back were off the ground. I tried to balance as hard as I can but quickly came back to the original position when Jaeyun yelled, "Aera! That's dangerous!" I laughed at him and turned around but when I skated again, Jaeyun was already in front of me and he stopped me from going any further.

"Stop playing around you're making me nervous." Concern was evident in his voice and I could see it in his eyes as well.

I ignored the sudden feeling in my stomach as I stared at him and simply rolled my eyes at him and complained, "I haven't even come up the ramps yet!"