Chapter 16 - Cruel Fate

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

As soon as I left Jake, I felt empty and being in the same house as the people who drove me to hurt the one that I love was disgusting for me.

I don't know what's going to happen now or if Jake even believed every lie that I said to him but I knew I couldn't let this marriage happen.

Not only are they using Jake but they would bring absolute damage to Jake's family if our wedding would happen. I couldn't let that happen. I love them.

I love him.

Now, I'm in Taehyun's room crying my heart out.

I just hurt the man I love. I remembered the pain I imposed on his beautiful eyes. It pained me to see that and I'm scared of what might happen to our relationship after this, or if there would ever still be a chance to save whatever we had.

I felt sorry, I wanted to say the truth to him but I couldn't. I felt ashamed.

I've always been selfish, I wanted so much for myself. I cared only about what I was feeling, how I was treated. I acted tough because I had nothing to lose in my life. But as Jake came into my life, suddenly I had so much to lose.

I had him, and that was all I ever needed. I never felt this many emotions because of anyone before and it was scary. But with Jake, I didn't feel scared, I felt secure because I know him.

But the moment I found out that my family was using him, I knew I needed to save him. The Sims was too pure to be tainted by my family.

I realize how I never really deserved him, he was too pure and perfect to simply be stuck with me and my family.

He deserved so much more and I will make sure that he achieves that. Even if it meant that I would lose him.

I wasn't sure what Jake would do but I had to make sure.

I ran away from home and stayed with Taehyun for a while. I needed to buy time. I needed to hide and stop this wedding. If I ever had to hide forever, I would. 

For the love of my life, I would.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"Your family is looking for you, princess."

Taehyun entered his room with food that his mother made for both of us. I shook my head at him, "Don't call them that, they are not my family. They never were."

"Well, they act the part, especially on TV." He shuddered as he remembered the news we watched earlier, "I didn't know you evil mother could cry like that. Damn, it was horrifying." I chuckled, he always knew how to make heavy situations lighter. 

"Imagine that, they lied to the press and said that I got kidnapped to preserve their perfect image." I laughed and Taehyun joined me.

"I mean, think of the scandal if they did say the truth. The headline, 'Choi's Runaway Princess', that'll definitely stir some buzz." He chuckled as he ate a biscuit that his mother gave.

We went silent for a while, devouring the snacks that were made for us. After that long silence, Taehyun spoke carefully, "Your fiancée is also looking for you."

I gasped as I heard that which made Taehyun laugh, "Wow, that is quite the reaction."

I glared at him and sighed, "I doubt he'd want to look for me after everything I said to him."

"You never know, the man was crazy in love with you."

I laughed, "How cruel fate is, right? We love each other but somehow we're not supposed to be together." I sighed trying to fight back my tears. "Because being together doesn't seem so genuine now."