Chapter 11 - Wait

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Jake said that he would introduce me to his members today that's why he asked me to come with him. Now I'm in front of the intimidating Hybe building. My hands fumbled at the bottom of Jake's shirt out of nervousness.

"Stop being nervous, Aera. I'm so not used to it." He laughed as he looked at me.

I glared at him and said, "I'm not nervous."

He looked at my hands and I quickly removed it from his shirt. "Yeah, you're not nervous at all." He chuckled and guided me in. 

As soon as the doors to the massive dance studio opened, Jake yelled, "Hey guys! I brought someone to meet you!"

Everyone looked at us and they all looked shocked,

"Oh, Hi!" Heesung was the first to approach and offer his hand to me, "Nice to meet you!"

I took his hand and shook it. Ever one then started introducing themselves to me.

"Hello, nice to meet you all. I'm a huge fan of you guys." I told the guys as soon as our introduction ended.

"Why are you suddenly so timid—ouch!" I pinched Jake's side when he tried to expose me to his friends. I laughed and diverted their attention to something else.

"I got you guys something," I gave them the bags that I was holding. I figured I shouldn't come here without anything on hand so I shopped for a few things to give them. "But I didn't know what you guys wanted so I just got a bunch of common gifts."

As they opened the bags they all looked shocked. Okay maybe I went over board and gave them gifts that are some of my parents' go to gifts to their 'friends'. I didn't have much friends and Taehyun wasn't really the materialistic kind of receiver. 

Sunghoon looked at Jake wide eyed, "Dude, your girlfriend just gave me a Rolex watch."

That was my turn to be shocked, "Oh, I'm not—"

"Oh right, right you're not together." He said but he sounded not convinced.

Their day of practice then started and I spent the day just hanging out with all of them. Since I wanted to create a good impression, I paid attention to all of them and made sure I was getting to know them properly. 

However, I have gotten really close with Jungwon. He's such a kid but he also is really mature for his age it was really nice to hear his side of the stories they're telling. He's fun to be with and it made me wonder if how it would have been to grow up with a sibling, maybe my life would have been much different than what it is now.

After they practiced, they went back to the dorm and they invited me to join them. I couldn't refuse so I did. I walked through the front door of their dorm laughing at something that Jungwon shared about their moments on I-land. I saw Jake went straight to the sofa and read a book from his bag of books that he packed from home. Everyone decided to rest around the living room for a while.

I knew how much Jake wanted to start re-reading the books he brought so I kept my voice down as I walked through the living room not wanting to disturb him. But I couldn't help but watch him. After a while, everyone got hungry so I decided to help Jay prepare the food of the guys.

"Hey, you want something from the kitchen?" I whispered to Jake. He has been on the book a whole entire hour now as me and the guys talked. However, he did something unusual for me. He ignored me and kept his trained eyes on the book in front of him. I looked down and saw that the book was actually turned upside down.