Chapter 10 - Chance

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I was with Jake's family as we watched the announcement of the winners. The entire house was filled with excitement and nervousness. We didn't know what to feel. Everyone was at the edge of their seats for the whole time. Then, the time arrived. The time to announce the seven members of the debut group.

"First debut member is..." The announcer started as the intense and nerve-wracking music started.

"Lee Heeseung." A gasp of disappointment erupted before the claps for the first winner. 

"Ni-Ki." One of the youngest was called next. 5 more slots, Mrs. Sim held my hand out of nervousness and I could feel how tense she was. I was feeling that as well.

"I'll now announce the third debut member who was decided by global votes. The third debut member got 1,179,633 global votes ranking 3rd out of 9."

All that was running through my head were the words, please, please, please.

Jake worked hard for this. Way too hard for it to just be snatched off his hands. Please let him have this one. 

"The Third debut member is..."

The music then started once again, making the scene even more intense than it already is. 

"Jake."

As soon as we heard his name everyone jumped in joy. His parents hugging each other as they see their son on the screen. Jake looked up saying thanks to God as he held his chest with the overwhelming emotions he was feeling. I couldn't help but smile, he deserved everything in the world. 

"Jake had the shortest training period but he grew step by step making his dream come true. Jake, our third debut member please move forward and share your remarks." My smile grew even bigger when I heard the announcer say those amazing words to Jake, he made it even with the shortest period of training because of his determination. He was remarkable.

Jake's shaky hands held the mic as he started his speech, "Thank you so much. Thanks for trusting me and voting for me and loving me. To all of you, I'll try to grow more so I don't disappoint you. I'll be more optimistic and repay your kindness forever. Thank you." He bowed before making his way to the side of the stage where Heesung and Ni-Ki were waiting to congratulate him.

As he walked his way to the winner's stage, his gaze caught the camera and he showed his most glorious smile. Then right before the camera panned, his lips moved.

Thank you, Aera.

I didn't know if I saw it right but my heart skipped a beat as I read his lips. I looked around to see if anyone else saw it but they were all too immersed with the celebration that I don't think anyone noticed Jake's little message. 

His mother hugged me in joy and I jolted as I felt the sharp pain caused by my bruises from the last time I saw my mother. My face has healed but my stomach had endured a lot of kicking from my dearest mother that it took a whole lot more time to recover.

"Are you okay?" She asked worried after releasing me as she felt me jolt in pain.

"Yes, I'm just..." I tried my best to lie in front of the woman. I couldn't think of any other excuse so I simply said, "really happy."

"Oh, I am too, darling." She exclaimed and hugged me again. 

The Sims didn't waste any time they planned to have a dinner party celebration between our families just to congratulate Jake on his win. Fortunately for me, my parents have been in a business meeting abroad for something in the company, which meant that I might actually enjoy myself at the party.