Chapter 21 - Plan to Heal

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"The Choi Enterprises have now been closed down as billions of the family's debts have been reported not paid."

The voice from the television echoed through the household. Taehyun and I's gazes turned to the screen.

"The family now are kicked out of their million-dollar mansion and have been faced with multiple charges."

The screen displayed my parents trying to save themselves from embarrassment and covering their faces as they got swarmed by paparazzi.

I felt Taehyun hug me from the side and comfort me. Thank goodness I left that house before this commotion happened.

The reporter continued, "The Sim family, who are close friends with the Choi withdrew and bailed the family with all their charges but have cut all connections with the said family."

They didn't sue them?

Taehyun cleared his throat. I looked at him questioning and he spoke. "Do you want to go visit them?"

I almost glared at him. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at him. "My parents?"

"Of course not." He scoffed as he rolled his eyes before clearing out his statement, "I meant the Sims, princess."

I bit my lip. I haven't seen the Sims after Taehyun took me after the confrontation. I couldn't even look at them at that moment because I was shoot-scared.

I was scared of seeing the disappointment in their faces. Their opinions of me matter a lot.

I released a sighed before looking at Taehyun who was waiting for my decision. "Should I?" I asked not having the courage to decide on my own. 

I nodded before smiling tiredly at me, "You probably should."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

My heart was beating fast in my chest. I had my head down as I talked to them, "Thank you, Mrs. Sim, Mr. Sim."

I tried to hold back my tears as I feel scared to look up at their eyes.

Suddenly, I felt a strong hand on my shoulder followed by the deep voice of Jake's dad. "We only did that because of you, Aera. Thank you for telling us the truth and for being good to our family."

"I should be the one thanking you." I bit my lip as the voice wavered out of embarrassment. My family used them and here they are trying to console me. How could they be so kind?

I heard Mrs. Sim's sniffle. She was crying, "And please, you can still call us mom and dad." I heard how hurt she was through her voice. It was painful for me as well. "Visit us frequently, too." She continued.

That was when I busted into tears. I felt so heavy even before coming here because of my conscience and now everything just came rushing back to me.

"I don't think that's right, Mrs. Sim."

She held my hands and made me look back at her before she spoke, "I'm sorry, things with Jaeyun didn't work. I really thought you were getting along."

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely to her.

As she saw the look on my face she pulled me into a hug and I collapsed onto the pain I was feeling, "Oh, honey. You have nothing to say sorry to."

We stayed in that position for a while, until she spoke again, "You can stay with us for a while."

She released me from her hug and as we parted I shook my head at her offer. "No thank you, ma'am. I don't want to be a bother."