Search for Megatron

(No photo for this chapter sorry).

After the discovery that Optimus himself took the most severe amount of the virus that he corrupted into Nemesis Prime it raised a question to the team.  There had to be a way to purify the virus that fell on the brainwashed bots and the team made a plan to search for it.  Nick knew he was the one carrying the energon crystal of life so he had a feeling he may need to use his own.  "Optimus Prime.... Something must've happened to give him the worst of the brainwash" added Serge.  "That's what we need to figure out" added Aaron.  "Well from what we know normally the dark energon zombifies the dead, but Darcy and Soundwave are the only exception, others only were mega formed" stated Sophia.  "So then.... This may be a greater force" added Nick.  Anika was thinking from her years of experience. 

Darcy frowned a bit.  "Anika..... You have the most knowledge... Do you know?" She asked.  Anika looked over to her.  "I only have hints and possibilities... But I hate to say it.... There's one who may know more" she said.  Everyone looked at her fearing what she was about to say.  "You don't mean...." Started Sophia.  "Megatron...." Added Anika.  Everyone pulled back fearful at hearing the name. 

"That... That would require finding the traitor of the CDF rangers team you and Commander Black were on before" added Serge.  Anika looked over with a serious look on her face.  "I know, and Starscream to face his past trauma of how much Megatron abused him" she added.  Nick stepped in between.  "Hold on.... But you said you have ideas of your own perhaps you know the best theory that Megatron might end up agreeing with?" He asked.  Sophia whimpered shaking her head while Aaron looked concerned.  Anika sighed a bit looking over to the team and Darcy.  "This version of Starscream that I'm bonded to hasn't met this one, but there is a type of alien that could make sense, he's a sham Cybertronian" she said. 

Anika typed in information on Teletran 1 before a file of a strange multi-faced robot appeared.  "Uhhh what's with the multiple faces?" Asked  Aaron.  "This is a member of the alien kind known as the Quintessential, his name is Alpha Q because he's the one who leads the species".  "And serves the Cybertronian Unicron" added Anika.  "If anyone could turn Optimus evil... Other then unfortunately Optimus himself.... Then Alpha Q would be our best cybertronian of interest" she said.  The others took note of the information given to them.  "If Megatron does agree to this, then we have the answer" added Serge.  Everyone didn't want to find the CDF traitor though, but may have no choice.  

"I guess despite our reluctance.... Let's go search" added Serge.  The team nodded before they took the space bridge to the last known location of Megatron or rather the human attached to him Derek.  On arrival Aaron sighed before he looked at Anika and Darcy.  "Um... You guys willing to talk about him before he turned against you?" He asked.  Anika and Darcy looked over then looked at each other a moment.   "Well I guess we can talk about it" added Anika.  Darcy nodded a bit.  "To start with, Derek had actually been one of the first recruits N.E.S.T. ever trained" added Anika. 

Flashback: In the first year after N.E.S.T. formed there was a team of recruits entering the facility.  Among them were younger versions of Anika, Darcy and Cathy as everyone got settled in.  Optimus had entered along with Ironhide, Rachet, and Rodimus Prime plus this human joined them.  "Recruits, we welcome you to the global alliance of N.E.S.T., it's here we have formed a team up between the human race, and the Cybertronians known as the Autobots".  " We have brought you all here to test you and see if you're fit for joining our cause, because no matter what we do, Decepticons still are out and bent to destroy the world, even without Megatron due to Galvatron replacing him ".  " Those who do well, will be able to be a special forces team, good luck ".  Once the original director left with everyone the recruits talked among themselves to stay aware for the test.  " Let's hope they don't bias for miss dimension traveler who knows the Autobots of all worlds" teased young Cathy. 

"Easy guys, they won't bias on me, I'll make sure" added young Anika.  Young Darcy giggled hugging the duo.  When the cadets started the test they all fought hard to prove themselves.  After it finished the results were looked over and the director called in Anika, Darcy, Cathy, Derek, and a mysterious cadet only calling himself Darkwing.  When the five were brought in most were nervous or confused while young Derek, a black haired male cadet, wasn't fazed much.   "I called you five in because you all scored the highest in the tests, but I see cadet knight you're lower down on propose, what would that be about?" Asked the director.  "Forgive me director, I feared I would've been biased due to my knowledge and travels to other worlds with the Autobot versus Decepticon ordeal and the fact I am the designated human partner to Optimus Prime and our fallen defected Decepticon Starscream" responded young Anika.  "It's why I purposely lowered myself". 

Young Darkwing and young Derek looked at her stunned.  The director nodded a bit.  " I see, well you still did well enough it's time we give you your designations ".   " I think I'm kinda jealous of you " whispered young Derek impressed.   At the end of flashback Anika chuckled a bit.  "Wow, and he was the last to score?" Asked Sophia.  Darcy nodded a bit.  "So in a way before he betrayed us he was like cadet lake". 

Nick picked up energy signs.  " Guys let's go, I've picked up the trail ".  The group followed Nick before the group gasped and hid.  "That's Derek" whispered Anika.  A male around Darcy and Anika's age was setting up energon shards muttering.  "What is he doing?" Asked Aaron.  Serge was the closest and overheard Derek say "Stupid Steeljaw thinks screwing up life and death is how to bring in a new age".  "He's trying to teach Steeljaw a lesson" added Serge. 

The group looked at each other.  "Let's not immediately believe all we hear" added Darcy.  Sophia accidentally sneezed a moment.  "Who's there?" Asked Derek.  The group looked at Sophia stunned.  "Sorry" mouthed Sophia.  Anika sighed and stepped out with Darcy and they were joined by the rest of the rangers.  "Oh... You two" added Derek.  

Serge took the lead to talk.  "We need to talk Derek" added Serge.  Derek's eyes went pure purple before he willingly transformed to Megatron.  "I don't think we have anything to talk about human!" He snapped.  "Uh oh, we're going the hard way" added Aaron.  

(A/n: And TBC!   No it's not another arc per say but the next chapter or 2 will be them convincing Megatron to the battle.  Keep it up.  And hope you all enjoy.  I'll be making some chapter adjustments for the last few chapters of this story.   That's right after 3 years I'm finally almost done and will be moving on to the next 4 stories that I've already given you prologues to).