28.

(Yes, I am alive. I know I haven't updated this book in weeks, and I apologize for it. And also, don't worry, you haven't missed any chapters)

*not edited*

"L I L Y, I'm home. Come down!" I say as soon as I enter my house. Surprisingly, the door was unlocked. I asked that girl to lock it several times, but she just won't listen. "Guess what I got for you?" The excitement in my voice suddenly drops when I finally take a look around my surroundings.

Pillows from my sofa were scattered around the floor, all of Lily's books were just torn apart, silently laying on the carpet. Everything was out of its place, everything was a mess.

I started to panic, what the hell happened here?

"Lily?" I called her about five times. But no response. I searched around the entire house, everywhere, but there were no signs of the girl. I stared at the floor, trying to figure out what had happened.

She's okay, she probably just went home.

I hurried out of my own house and ran over to hers. All the reassuring thoughts vanished as soon as I reached her doorway. It was locked from the outside, meaning that she isn't in there. Fuck.

It took me a second to realize what happened. Lily is gone. I tried to control the growing anger inside my chest, but it only grew more. I hurried back inside my house to get any info about where she could be. Fuck, she doesn't even have a phone.

I slammed the door shut after entering my so-called home. I ran my fingers through my hair and walked over to my couch, feeling immensely guilty and particularly terrified. Only if I just stayed, maybe this wouldn't have happened. I couldn't help but feel helpless and weak.

My throat dried out when I see her journal laying on the floor next to all of her books that she brought with her when she came over. It was left wide open, a large, dirty footprint tattooed on the writings.

I notice a little note placed on the coffee table as if it was asking to be picked up. I unfolded the piece of paper and look down at it. My eyes widened. Rage filled my entire body as I read the lines.

Lily is a sweet little thing, so innocent and naive. What if I take that from her? Don't worry though, I won't. Yet. You're a clever man, I suppose you're getting the hint already. We're hoping to see you soon :)

I felt a lump in my throat as I read the lines that provoked me to the point where I felt the need to punch someone. I repetitively ran my fingers through my curls and tried to calm myself down.

Fuck.

I folded the piece of paper into a ball and threw it across the room. I felt like a complete idiot right now. I knew this would happen one day, but I still tried to ignore it. I fucking knew she would be in danger if she gets involved with my life.

I let out a series of cuss words as I couldn't hold it in anymore, I felt so bad, so so bad.

I was pulled off of my thoughts when I hear my phone ringing. I reach into my pocket and pulled out my phone. It's a new number, which isn't saved in my contacts. I assumed it was my rival gang member, but before I could let out a single word, the voice of a lady speaks up.

"Hello?" The voice was familiar.

"Jaden? Are you there? I'm Livy speaking, sorry I had to call you at this time. Lily is at your house, right? Mike and I are actually out to a restaurant right now, so I just wanted to check on my little girl. May I speak to her?"