33.

H I K I N G my bag up my shoulder, I quickly storm out of the door. I passed the busy hallways and promptly wiped my stained cheeks hoping that nobody had seen me like this.

I reach the first floor and particularly sprint for the main door. "Lillian?" I pause.

"How did the interview go?" It was Shay, the lady I met earlier. I keep on calling her lady as if she's so much older than me.

I turn around and shrug, "It was great." I lie. It wasn't great at all, every minute I spent in that room was suffocating.

"Wait really?" Shay asked.

"Yeah.. of course. Why wouldn't it be?" I lied once again. Dad was right, Jaden really is a bad influence. Now you see, he got me lying back to back without thinking once.

"Oh, my bad I thought I saw you... crying?"

I shake my head and approach her front desk. "I'm okay, today was just really stressful." I applied force on the last word.

Shay nodded her head and sent me a soft smile. "I understand, it was a lot worse on my first day. I've been only working here for a couple of months and still couldn't find a coworker to bond with."

"I hope you pass the interview, I'd love to see you every day!" She squealed. All I could do was flash a small smile at her. I'll probably never work here, I don't want to either. Especially not if Jaden and I are under the same roof.

"I thought some guy named David Carter owned this company." It said that on all the papers too.

Shay shrugged, "I thought that too until I met our new boss, holy shit when I first met him I felt like was fucking dreaming."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Girl, did you even see him?! He's fine as fuck bro." I agree, he is quite handsome, hell, he's the hottest guy I've ever seen.

"Looks of an angel and the personality of a-" I was cut off by another voice. A voice so familiar it made my stomach ache.

How can I forget about this guy?

"Devil? Am I right kiwi?"

Of course, Chase is here. I mean, how can Jaden be here without his "guards?" Gangsta shit, people like us probably won't ever understand.

I turn around and sigh, goddamn.

"Damn kiwi, did you get taller or am I just dreaming?" I roll my eyes, he looks so natural, with no hint of any guilt whatsoever.

Why would he be guilty anyway, he's not in the wrong. It's his boss, Jaden Carter.

I don't understand, why are they all here all out of nowhere? After two fucking years they showed back up in my life for the absolute worst.

"It's the heels, Chase."

Shay stared at the both of us and slowly got up from her seat and walked towards us. She stood beside me and looked between us back and forth.

"You guys know each other?" She asked with a brow raised.

"Yeah, of course, she's-"