8.

I D I D my usual morning routine and dressed up for today. It's now Thursday, meaning I have school only one more day after today, then I'll have plenty of time for myself.

My eyes felt a bit heavy, as I didn't get the best of sleep last night. My 'dinner' at Jaden's went in silence after the little comment he shared.

He would constantly stare at me blankly, like always. I should be used to it by now. I find him staring at me every time I glance at him. It's weird, in a way I can't explain.

His burning gaze was almost scary. He stares at me strangely, as if he was trying to ignore something.

Surprisingly my mom didn't get upset at me for staying at Jaden's for dinner. I tried to explain what had happened but she said it was fine.

It's very unlikely of her.

I soon get out of my closet with my school outfit on and head to the full-length mirror in front of me.

I put on a grey and pink skirt and a pink graphic shirt. They looked nice together. I made my hair into a small braid and got myself a nice pair of shoes that matches my outfit.

I quickly headed down the stairs after applying some mascara to my lashes and putting chapstick on my lips

I see my Momma placing a plate of breakfast on the table and waving at me. "Good morning Momma," I smiled and waved back. She looked so drained. Her smiling face seemed forced.

"Good morning Hunny." She greeted. I shook off my thoughts and approached her small figure. I took a seat in front of my mom and munched on the bowl of Cheerios in front of me. Momma drank her coffee as usual and sighed between every breath.

She looked stressed, but of what? "Momma are you okay?" I asked her worriedly. She quickly looked up at me and her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Why?" She says and sips her coffee. "You seem stressed." I shrug. She nervously chuckled before shaking her head.

Weird.

"I have to go somewhere this afternoon, but I'll be back by 10," Momma nervously chuckled. I wonder where she'd go to.

"You know the drill right?" She asked worriedly. My mom would always be clear with her instructions. She never leaves my side, and even if she does, she'd always tell me what to do and not to do.

She says that it's for my good, and I don't completely disagree. I mean, I think I'm old enough to stay by myself here but I don't think she gets it.

"Yes," I sweetly smile at her and nod. "Okay then, let's go." She gets up before grabbing her keys.