6.

T H E shy me was trying so hard to be invisible. The students around would constantly stare at me. Some were making strange faces while others were just, uh, grinning I suppose.

Jaden was one of them, except that he wouldn't make mean faces. He would just stare at me. In a way that makes me feel... weird.

I tried my best to focus on the materials Mr. Kale was teaching us, but it was hard not to trail off.

Mr. Kale seemed like a nice person overall. He'd compliment me every now and then, but I shouldn't complain.

"So, that's pretty much it. You guys are free to leave if you like." Mr. Kale announced. I hear tons of cheers and shouts before it all went quiet. The room began to empty as students leave for their classes.

"You wanna stay here?" I heard a rumbling voice ask me. It made me jump out of my thoughts and look straight up at the tall guy standing in front of me.

"Y- yeah," I tell him before getting up. Jaden put on a smug grin before turning around.

I got up and saw Chase giving a strange glare. He had his eyebrows furrowed and a confused look on his face. Before I could ask him what was wrong he quickly turned away.

"I need to go." Jaden gave Chase a worried look before putting his phone away. "Tell Jackson what I said earlier, okay?" He gave me a firm look before walking out of the room.

Why was he in such a hurry? Is there something wrong?

"Let's go kiwi," Chase chuckled. I hated being called that. It was very annoying. Chase has been calling me Kiwi ever since I first met him.

It was due to the green dress I was wearing.

"Don't call me that," I frowned. "Why not?" Chase raised his eyebrows. I shrugged as a response. He rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Ok ok, fine." He puts his hands up like a little kid playing robbers and cops, making me giggle.

"I need to see Mr. Kale for a minute," I tell him as he nods. He gave me a soft smile before leaving for lunch. Chase was very nice, but he could be very mean sometimes too.

I approached Mr. Kale and asked him about the extra class my history teacher mentioned about. He strangely looked at me and nodded.

"Anything for a girl like you." He smiled. I didn't quite understand what he was trying to make out but nodded anyway. "Thank you."

———————————————
𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹
———————————————

"Lily?" I hear my mom shout from the kitchen downstairs. I farrowed my eyebrows and put down the book I was reading.

I quickly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Momma was packing something in a lunch box. I watched my mom hurry and place a few napkins and a water bottle inside.

I wonder who that is for.

"You called me?" I slowly asked. She turned towards me and nodded. "Can I help you with something?" I then asked with a confused look on my face.

"Yes, I want you to take this box to Jaden's home." She suddenly spoke. Jaden's house? I haven't been there in years. I don't want to go there anyway.

"W- why?" I stuttered thinking about him again. She gave me a strange look before placing the lunch box on top of the kitchen counter.