7.

J A D E N' S   P O V

S H E watched me with a slight frown on her face. She looked very nervous and somewhat embarrassed. Her cheeks were bright red, as she played with her hands.

She looked so adorable.

She fidgeted with her fingers more and more every second that passed by. She looked afraid, but of what?

"What's wrong?" I asked her with my eyebrows farrowed. She looked up at me with her honey brown eyes and shook her head. "N-nothing." She shuddered.

"I should leave," Lily said softly. I barely heard what she had said. Her voice was so soft and angelic. It's almost annoying how she doesn't look up at me while talking, or how she doesn't talk to me with pride.

She's always so nervous.

"Why?" I asked with a slight grin on my face. "Momma will be upset if I take too long." She nervously chewed on her lower lip.

The grin on my face turned into a little frown. I absolutely hated the urge I get when I see her. She has no clue what she's doing.

If only I could stop the urge to hold her, to kiss her, and to plea- I quickly shook off my sinful thoughts and let out a shaky breath before tightly fisting my hands.

"Stop doing that." I closed my eyes again to take another deep breath. I open my eyes to see her staring at me in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean stop biting your lip." My voice came out louder than I expected it to be. A frown took over the confusion on her face. "Why?" She asked folding her arms together.

"Because..." I started. She raised an eyebrow and watched me sigh. "Because I said so." I finished with a slightly clenched jaw.

"But-" I cut her off. If she speaks one more time then I don't think I'll be able to control myself from doing all the things I always thought of doing with her.

"Well, what did you bring me again?" I cleared my throat, trying to get her to stay a bit longer. She went over to where the couch was and grabbed a box I have never seen before.

"Momma packed you dinner." She smiled. Her smile was huge and beautiful. Lily stepped closer to me and handed me the box.

"Here," She said as I held the lunch box in my hand. She looked so tiny standing so close to me. I have never seen her smile in front of me. She'd always be nervous, shy, and/or scared.

But today she was smiling, smiling at me. "What's in there?" I said shaking the box a little. She gave me a soft shrug before moving further away.

"Momma didn't tell me." She shrugged. I quickly opened the box and a grin appeared on my face. There was a smaller box with white sauce pasta, and some accessories to go with it.

"What's in there?" Lily asked trying to get a glance at what was inside the box. She raised her eyebrows before taking in a deep breath.

"Pasta?" She exclaimed in joy. "Yeah" I sighed. She narrowed her eyes and, "You don't like pasta?" She asked sheepishly.

I shrugged as a response.

"Oh well, it's very tasty though." She said while giving me a soft smile. She was looking at me. Most likely staring at my nose.

She tilted her head in realization before her mouth formed into a small o shape. I wonder what's she thinking about all of a sudden.

L I L Y' S   P O V

I stared at the small nose ring he had on his small button nose. Although I did know he had his ears pierced, but never noticed the nose ring on his right nostril before. Probably because I had no reason to examine his face.

"Done?" I see  Jaden roll his jaded green eyes. It quickly made me drop my eyes to the floor. "S- sorry, I was just looking at the nose ring you have on." I stuttered once again.

"You mean staring?" He corrected while letting out a huff. "Sorry..." I apologized again.

"Get to the table." He ordered in a hushed tone. I scrunched my eyebrows and opened my mouth to ask him why, but before I could he cut me off. "Now." He added.

He left the living room and approached the dining table. I stood in my position in confusion. What does he mean?

"You 'comin?" he raised his eyebrows with two plates in his hands. "Why?" I asked with a confused look plastered on my face. "What do you think?" He rolled his eyes.

"I- I think I should leave..." I fidgeted with my hands. It's probably raining a lot now. It's almost dark out anyway. If momma finds out that I was wasting my time just examining his face, then she would probably be upset.

"I need to leave..." I added.

"No you don't," he let out a deep breath. "Come sit." He said with a slightly clenched jaw, making me drop my eyes to the floor.

I slowly got up and walked to the table and took a seat on the furthest chair from where Jaden was standing.

He gave me a strange glance before serving the pasta on the plate. He sat a few seats away from me and poured a jug of water into two glasses.

"Here," he pated the seat next to his. "No, I'm fine." I gave him a soft smile indicating that I didn't want to move. "I said sit here Lily..." he sighed.

I quickly nodded and walked over to him and took a seat next to him. He then passed me the plate full of pasta.

I see him play with his food making me frown. Didn't he like how the pasta tasted? "What's wrong?" I asked with a concerned look on my face.

He looked down at me and shook his head. "Nothing."

My eyes fell on a little cut on his right hand as he slowly grabs the fork. Never mind, it's not little. It's actually really big. It was under his right thumb making it hard for him to grip the utensil he was holding. It looked pretty deep too.

"Jaden are you okay?" My voice became more rushed and concerned. He looked at me and narrowed his eyes. "Yeah obviously." He pouted.

"Does it hurt?" I asked nervously. I hated looking at cuts, it made me feel like I was the one with them.

"Does what hurt?" He laughed in his deep voice. "The cut underneath your right thumb." I pointed at his hand. He took a second to look at his cut before quickly looking back down at me.

A small laugher filled the room. "You think that would hurt me? ME?" He said between chuckles. A frown took over my concerned face. He didn't appreciate my care for him.

Well, what do you expect from a person like him? He's so rude for no reason. Even I shouldn't care so much.

"It looked like it hurt a little," I said softly. "Aw, lil baby got sad." He mocked the sad expression on my face.

"I'm not a baby." I pouted while crossing my arms together. "Oh sorry, I forgot..." he started.

"That you're not a baby." A small grin appeared on my lips and a smirk on his. "You are a little girl." His smirk turned into a huge smile. He seemed to be so proud of himself.

"No," I whined. "I'm not a little girl, I'm literally 16!" I huffed in frustration. It gets me mad when he calls me a little girl. It's annoying and somewhat
rude too perhaps.

"I mean..." he stopped. His eyes were bright and full of something I can't tell. His eyes were intimidating. His gaze was digging holes through my body. It made me feel weird and I don't know if I hated it... or liked it.

He stared at me with such intenseness, that it made me want to hide my burning face behind a tree.

"Never mind."