8. ••𝙍𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨••

You walked out of the underground lair and walked up the stairs only to see Miya, Reki, and Langa standing in front of you.

(Y/N): Miya? You guys too? What are you doing here?

Miya: That's what we should be asking you! Don't go sneaking off like that again! We we're worried sick....

(Y/N): sorry about that, hehe....

Miya: And one more thing, that beef against Adam, what were you thinking!?

(Y/N): ahh, so you were ease dropping?

Miya: answer the question

(Y/N): Well if you were ease dropping you should already know that I did it to get rid of that old and dreadful "S" tradition. Otherwise, who knows who they might target next? Maybe even Reki, maybe even you...

Miya: Idiot, I'm not weak, there's no way they'll target me, and that doesn't give you an excuse to go up against someone as dangerous as him!

(Y/N): it's too late already, I can't turn back.

Miya: Yes you can! What if you lose? Do you realize what'll happen?! Even worse, we're only kids! You wouldn't be able to handle that electric chair! You're an idiot! Just give up, it's not worth it, risking your own life just to save a couple of nobody's....

(Y/N): even so, I'm still going to do it. I'm not the person who I was back then who just stared and did nothing. Now if you excuse me, I'm going back home

Miya watched as you went back to your house.

Miya: "That idiot....do they know what they've gotten their self into!?"

Miya looked down. He was worried a ton for (Y/N). He can't lose another friend. But then again, there was no convincing you.

Reki: Hey Miya...

Miya turned his head over to Reki.

Miya: What?

Reki: Instead of convincing (Y/N) to give up, you should encourage (Y/N), isn't that what they wanted? I'm worried for them too, I know how you feel, I felt the same thing when Langa was going against Adam, but, it took me by surprise when Langa dodged Adam's love hug, he didn't even get hurt. So maybe....maybe put a little faith in (Y/N), you never know what happens in a beef. And if you're still worried, help them, help them get better, so you know for sure, that they're going to make it out okay.

Reki: "After all, in the end, you just gotta trust your friends, even when you are concerned for their safety, I should know..."

That made Miya's eyes widened. He didn't know he was being selfish but who can blame him? Langa smiled at Reki.

Langa: Miya, I agree with Reki, I find skating fun, I realized that (Y/N) also wanted to have fun, so maybe skating against Adam isn't entirely a bad thing.

Miya: Slimes....Adam is just too dangerous....but, I don't want to hold (Y/N) back, I do want them to get better, but Adam is on a different league.

Reki flicked his forehead.

Reki: didn't you hear what I just said? The key to success is to NEVER give up, (Y/N) has that key, don't you realize that by now?

That took Miya by surprise. He didn't think he would have to be reminded by a slime. Miya looked back up.

Miya: Yea yea, whatever slime....

Reki knew that Miya understood so that was it for Langa and Reki's help. They both left and went back home. Miya skated back home, waiting for the next day, barely getting any sleep for who knows what reason.

The next day

You woke up. The beef against Adam was in 1 more week. You didn't have much time to prepare. The same morning routine as usual, after that, you went outside to get some fresh air. There was no school today, weekends are the best.

You yawned and stretched your arms and back. You took your skateboard to go and train at the park. There, you saw Miya already waiting for you.

(Y/N): oh, hey Miya...

Miya: There you are

(Y/N): were you waiting for me this whole time?

Miya: what does it look like?

You chucked nervously while scratching the your nape. Miya sighed and walked over towards you handing you his phone.

(Y/N): what's this?

Miya: a practice menu

(Y/N): so you're not going to tell me to quit anymore?

Miya leaned on the bench.

Miya: I want to but I realized I was wrong. Do whatever you want, I shouldn't be able to interfere. Besides, I can't do anything to convince you.

You looked at him for a few seconds and that's when you finally said something.

(Y/N): Thanks for the practice menu though, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry if I caused you to worry.

Miya: don't even mention it, I'm still mad at you for being so reckless. I only did this to help and you make it out safe. I really care about you, you know?

You blinked a few times to process what he just said. That's when Miya realized what came out of his mouth. He got all red.

Miya: WAIT WAIT WAIT! Not that I like you or anything! I just wanted you to make it out alive so I can beat you and have a rematch! Besides....you are my friend....

(Y/N): so you do care?

Miya: shut up, slime

(Y/N): I promise, I'll be okay! I'll win, I'll win to put an end to the tradition, and make it out alive just for you.

You smiled. It didn't last long though.

(Y/N): W-wait! Did I just say "just for you"? I didn't mean it like that! Oh god I sound like an obsessed fan. Ughhhh I give up.

Miya laughed at you.

Miya: seems like we both had the words we didn't mean to say slip out of our mouths.

You looked back at Miya.

(Y/N): yea, I guess we did.

Miya bonked you on the head.

(Y/N): hey! What was that for?!

Miya: get back to training, after all, you did promise you that you'll make it out okay, right?

You just remembered what you said which made your face a little pink.

(Y/N): yea yea, whatever...

Then you smiled.

ANYWAYS I FOUND THIS FAN ART OF MIYA, don't sexualize him though please 😃