Origins

A/N: someone help me one of my friends wants to comment suicide and they won't let me help them what do I do?

Disclaimer: Tokyo Ghoul and its characters are property of Sui Ishida, and Percy Jackson and the Olympians are property of Rick Riordan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ghouls.

A race of humanoid predators capable of tearing apart humans like tissue paper. They are stronger than us, faster than us, more durable than us, and their senses are far superior to us. Ghouls use a variety of tactics and techniques to hunt and kill their only prey: human beings.

The way a Ghouls body works, prevents them from consuming any type of man-made dish that isn't made of man. Their digestive processes can only function on one type of sustenance that is found in human tissue: RC cells.

The origin of these special cells is unknown, however the first reported cases of these abnormal, fetus-like cells came in from the 1950s, after the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This had led experts to believe that the RC cells are the result of mutations caused by nuclear radioactivity.

Of course, people were skeptical of the presences of these mutations...until the hunger set in, until the eyes began to change color, until the claws started to emerge. Special organs were discovered in the bodies of those whose RC levels were 1000, and these organs were named 'kakuhou.'

Using their kakuhou, these new people could extend their RC cells beyond their bodies, forming unique weapons called 'kagune.' There are four types of kagunes, the Ukaku, Koukaku, Rinkaku, and Bikaku. The Ukaku takes the shape of wings, and can harden into a crystal-like weapon capable of launching projectile spikes; the Koukaku typically sprouts from the shoulder blades as a drill, a spear, and sometimes even an entire new arm; the Rinkaku kagune comes from the lower back, and comes in a variety of tentacle shapes; finally, the Bikaku emerges from just above your ass crack, and is always in the form of a tail-like appendage.

Each kagune has its strengths and weaknesses, and that is something that capitalized on.

When the Japanese government learned that these 'Ghouls' could only feed on the RC cell-rich flesh of the humans, they went to great lengths to not only completely cover this up, but to find a way to counter this new threat. Media was strictly governed, and tourists and visitors were closely monitored. The answer to combatting these Ghouls came in the form of the Ghouls themselves.

The Japanese government founded an agency called the Commission of Counter Ghoul, an organization dedicated to destroying these predators. By killing a Ghoul, harvesting its kagune, and splicing it with a special steel found in Germany, the CCG was able to develop a new weapon: the Quinque. Using this weapon, Ghoul Investigators, the soldiers of the CCG, were able to slice through the hardened flesh of any Ghoul with practiced ease.

And so the two sides have been waging a cold war for decades. The humans and Ghouls locked in a silent, bloody conflict for survival. However, neither side was able to gain any real ground. The Ghouls learned quickly how to be uncatchable predators, and the humans learned quickly how to fight against their superior enemies.

Realizing the stalemate they were in, the government blocked off their major cities into multiple wards, in order to coral the Ghouls and keep better track of the predators. So far that method has worked, but by drawing lines on a map, certain Ghouls were able to rise to power, taking control of the wards, and forming gangs to fight for territory.