Ghouls and Romans: Pt. 1

A/N:I'm really about to drop my Spotify playlist so I don't have to add songs I like here 💀

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The last night on the boat was uneventful. The Romans were collectively glad to be getting off soon, especially Hazel and Jason. Kaneki and Touka were rather indifferent. The cruise, in spite of Persia and Percy and Kraken, had been rather peaceful for them. No worries about hunger, no worries about the CCG, and no worries about being attacked by other Ghouls. Eto was close to having her limbs fully regenerated, she was just having to wait for her hands and feet to grow back.

As for the triplets...they decided to have some fun come morning, and by "they," it really means Percy and Persia. Kraken just rolled his eyes and blew air out of his nose, and gave no promises about attendance for anything his little brother and sister had planned.

To which Percy protested being the "little" brother, to which the other two just patted him on the head.

In the morning, Touka walked out of her cabin and was greeted by her sister.

"Morning, Touka!" Persia leapt up and nipped the older Ghoul's shoulder, the siblings' special way of greeting each other.

"Morning." Touka nipped Persia's shoulder in return. "Where were you last night? You didn't come in. I would've been worried if I didn't know you couldn't sink this boat and everyone on it."

"Oh, uh…" then Persia winked. "Secret!" And she flitted away with a flourish and a giggle.

Touka deadpanned. Kaneki emerged and stood next to her. "We have a strange sibling."

"Yeah…"

"Hey, sis!"

"Hey, Percy."

Kaneki's eyes widened, and it took Touka a second or two before it clicked. She whipped around, eyes wide. "PERCY!?"

The boy giggled. "Hey, nee-chan! Been a while."

Touka pinned him to a wall and immediately began fussing over him, checking over his hair, his clothes, his face, his body, asking a nonstop stream of questions and apologizing profusely. All of it culminating in the most bone crushing hug ever delivered by a big sister to her little brother.

Percy actually started to fear for his life as the pressure on his spine increased to almost lethal pressure, so he more or less panicked and reacted by biting Touka's shoulder, tearing through her clothes and down deep into the muscle.

The Rabbit yelped, more in surprise than in pain, and recoiled with an angry look. "Brat!"

Percy huffed, mouth bloody. "Well, don't try to crush my spine!"

"I'll crush your spine if I want to, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

"I'll bite you," Percy threatened seriously. "All over. It'll look like you and Kaneki had twelve straight hours of vigorous—"

"That does it!" Touka dove at Percy, who dodged, and thus began a violent game of tag.

Kaneki sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He recalled a time where he would've laughed nervously and tried to diffuse the siblings' conflict, but now all he could find in himself was minor annoyance and marginal humor. Then he slapped his hand to his ear as the phantom wriggling erupted again.

The wriggling of a centipede.

Kaneki stumbled to the wall as he waited for the feeling to pass, and when it did, like it always did, he realized something: Percy and Persia were separate. There were two distinct scents. They had split. Did that mean Kraken had split as well?