Of Gorgons and Arches

A/N: I planned for this to go up a week ago I think on Wednesday editing goes to @jackbenbro12 big thanks to them :). This anime No Game No Life is really funny and good yall should watch it. Ummmm anything against crossdressing?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The quest was going great so far.

Touka had just hung out in the Big House while Percy and Annabeth packed some clothes, Chiron gave the trio a bag filled with money,supplies and a pen to Percy, saying it was a 'powerful weapon,' Argus the Head of Security had taken them all to a bus station in Manhattan, where they were currently waiting. Not a monster to be found, and the mortals paid as much attention to a group of teenagers as they did to everyone else. Luke did try to give the quest some flying shoes, and balked at the sight of Touka.

The quest didn't even need flying shoes.

The bus pulled up, just as it started to rain. Touka scowled as her senses began to dull, but Percy never had that problem. In fact, whenever it rained in Tokyo, his senses were boosted. Probably because of his connection to water. Anyway, it was his boosted sense of smell that picked up the subtle aroma of three non-humans. In fact, the faint scents were eerily similar to those of the Furies.

After finding their seats, with Annabeth by the window, Percy in the middle, and Touka on the outside, the Kraken asked the demigoddess, "Can monsters...reform after a while?"

Annabeth looked at him, "Yes. It can take anywhere from a few hours to possibly even decades, but all monsters will reform because they don't have souls. We can kill them, and send their essences back to Tartarus, but they can't ever die."

"Cool, that explains why the Furies are disguised as the old ladies up front, then."

Annabeth paled considerably. "Oh gods. It was one thing to fight them at camp, but it's entirely different out here in public with all of these mortals around."

"I thought the Mist would keep us hidden?"

"It doesn't keep us hidden as in completely inconspicuous. It keeps us hidden by bending the minds of mortals. Instead of seeing you fight the Kindly Ones with your freaky tentacles, they'd probably see a young kid gun down a bunch of harmless old women, granting us all national attention as murderers. Damn it; because they're monsters, they don't have to worry about public spotlight, and if things get too hot for them, they can just go back to the Underworld."

"I thought you could manipulate the Mist to your benefit though?"

"Yeah, but not on a scale this large. There's got to be over fifty people on this bus!" Annabeth whisper-shouted.

"Oh for the love of God, will you two give it a rest with all the keep-hidden stuff? We're a couple of Ghouls and a demigod on a mission to save the world. We're bound to run into a bunch of monsters and obstacles. What's the point of staying anonymous now?" Touka sighed.

The bus entered the Lincoln Tunnel, and the Furies announced that they all needed to use the restroom. As they walked down the aisle, Touka casually slipped into a seat a few rows ahead, with her left shoulder exposed. The Furies wrinkled their noses as they passed the Ghoul, but did nothing else.

Their mistake.

In the low-light of the Lincoln Tunnel, and the sound of roaring cars echoing around the concrete, the Rabbit struck swiftly and silently, her years of hunting prey making her task an easy one. A sliver of her kagune slipped out, and she fired off several spikes in rapid succession. Maybe it was luck, or maybe you didn't need godly metals to kill monsters, because the Furies didn't even know what hit them as they exploded into golden dust.