Kraken Wants Out

A/N: so it's my birthday today (won't say how old I am lol)  enjoy this and who knows you might get a good dicking 🤷‍♂️.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Current time

As he had so many nights already, Kaneki bolted up with a scream, scrambling from his bed, clawing at his ears.

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!"

Touka's eyes snapped open at the panicked shouting, and she was quick to rush to Kaneki's side. Her kakugan flared as she pinned him down and held his arms to the ground. Blood soaked the floor.

Because Kaneki had torn off his ears.

He struggled and thrashed under her, screaming about his fingers and toes.

"KANEKI!" Touka roared. "KANEKI, LISTEN TO ME!"

"AAAAAGH! THEY'RE IN MY EARS! GET THEM OUT!"

The Rabbit, terrified of what was happening, slugged the teen across the face hard enough to shred his cheek, blow out teeth, and tear his gums. Any human would have died immediately from shock, but not a Ghoul. Kaneki laid there, eyes wide, now still.

It took Touka a minute, but she found her voice. "Listen, you half-breed. There's nothing in your ears, and your fingers and toes are just fine, right where they need to be."

Despite the steel in her tone, the annoyance in her voice, she was scared. This was actually the third time this night alone Kaneki had woken from a night terror, screaming and attacking himself, and she didn't know what to do, what she could do. She didn't have a phone to call Anteiku with, didn't have a computer on hand, and she considered herself lucky no one had complained about the noise, and that no one like ship security had come to ask questions.

Kaneki was panting. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

Touka took what she could get, and tried to brush off everything by throwing up her usual crass and uncaring persona. "Don't worry about it. Percy used to do this all the time when he was a kid, though he would also piss all over me. Almost put him in diapers because washing sheets and clothes got old real fast."

Kaneki looked at her with a flat eye. "Really?"

"No."

"Which part was a lie?"

"He never actually pissed on me, and I never threatened to put him in diapers, but he did crawl in my bed after a nightmare, sweating like he had just come in from a twenty-mile run at top speed. You good now? My legs are starting to hurt."

"Yeah, I'm good."

Touka let off Kaneki, and they both got to their feet. Blood soaked the sides of the Eyepatch's head and down his face, staining both his shirt and the floor. To Touka's extreme impressment, his ears and his cheek (presumably his teeth and gums as well) were all healed.

Then there was a frantic knock at the door, and the two Ghouls were then aware of a very distinct scent…only there was something distinctly off about it.

"Touka? Kaneki? What's going on in there? I heard screaming! Please, open up!"

Kaneki immediately made for the door, but he was yanked back by a scowling Touka. She stormed up to the door and almost ripped it off the hinges. "You smell like sex and it makes my nose burn. What do you want?"