Kagune Revealed

A/N: Honestly Neffex is a great band there are some songs that I don't like, enjoy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Percy spent a good majority of the rest of the day in the woods, following in the footsteps of his interdimensional sister/gender-bent/alternate self, killing just about everything he came across with his bare hands. While he could smell just about every single thing within a mile of himself, he didn't believe for a second that none of those campers didn't have a way to hide themselves, so he refrained from stretching out his kagune.

An additional thing Percy did to alleviate his boredom, was to memorize the terrain. Tree types, bushes, rock formations, caves, where monsters tended to hang out, creeks, everything. If this is where their Capture the Flag game was supposed to take place, Percy wanted to be prepared.

Lesson Number 18 with Uncle Yomo: know the battlefield by heart.

When the aroma of burning crap entered Percy's nose, the Ghoul knew that dinner was about to start. Now, go fake eating human food and puke it up later and draw copious amounts of scrutiny? Or spend the evening here and sneak back into Cabin 11 when night fell and hope no-one touched his stuff?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Percy only showed up to check on his things. It appeared that everything was where it should be, but these were the children of the Thief God; putting things back the way they found them was probably not a stretch for their abilities. Still, all of his food was where it needed to be, his clothes undisturbed, and his mask untouched.

Luke had found a spare bedroll and had given it to Percy, and the councilor had tried to bond with the Ghoul, but Percy had been taught by his Aunt Kaya how to play nice while completely blowing someone off, so Luke's attempts to make friends were shot down with subtle precision. A conch horn sounded, so the son of Hermes had everyone fall in.

The line was based on seniority, so Percy was at the back. Luke lead everyone to the wall-less, ceiling-less dining pavilion, sat everyone down at a table that was quickly overcrowded (the Kraken had half of his butt hanging off the bench). Chiron pounded his hoof, raised a glass, "To the gods!"

Everyone mimicked the centaur, but Percy raised his goblet and said, "Whatever." He was rather disenchanted with this place and had next to zero respect for just about any of the gods. He was still holding out on his dad, and Artemis was pretty cool, but if Dionysus was the poster-boy, then the Kraken was just fine with never meeting any other divine entities.

Poor, poor boy.

When Percy looked confused at his empty goblet, Luke leaned over and told him that they were magic, and filled up with whatever you said to it, non-alcoholic of course. Percy asked for some of his grandfather's coffee, and the goblet got it perfectly right. He got some strange looks for asking for coffee, but it was one of the only things he could drink without dying.

A bunch of inedible food (for Ghouls) appeared on plates, and people threw off some of the best parts into a large brazier in the center of the pavilion. The gods like the smell of burning food, apparently. Percy followed the crowd and scraped a good portion of his 'meal' into the fire.

'For Artemis and Poseidon...'

Now, this was the perfect opportunity to practice his eating skills. Yoshimura kept saying that the key to being a part of human society was being able to eat like them. So Percy put some food into his mouth, ignored the absolutely revolting taste (and the urge to vomit), swallowed it whole while making chewing sounds.

It seemed to work.

After dinner, everyone went to have a singalong at the campfire, and Percy began to worry about his health. While putting human food in his body wasn't going to immediately kill him, that became a different story once digestion started. Then it became a serious issue.