𝟎𝟎𝟗; 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮
Burn, Witch, Burn!

- WARNINGS -

• detailed scene of being burned alive
mention of pills
• mention of suicide

REWRITE : October 5, 2021

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The bonfire's flames grow high as the rotten pieces of flesh burns. Nan shovels some more cedar chips into the fire as flies roam around them due to the smell. "Fire purges and purifies, scatters our enemies to the wind." Fiona's arms were wrapped around her waist as she watched the rotten flesh burn.

"What blows away need not be explained." Nan says nothing and continues to scoop more cedar chips from the small pile on the ground and throws them into the fire. "Okay." Zoe breathes as she approaches the two with a gardening cart filled with rotten body parts. "I think that's the last of them." Nan swings at the air above the cart as Zoe puts it down and stands up before reaching down and grabbing a random part. "This is nasty." Nan complains as she grabs a part in her bloody gardening gloves as Zoe swats the flies away.

"Maybe we should get more cedar chips to mask the smell." Zoe suggests as Fiona turns halfway and covers her nose with a white handkerchief. Zoe looks up at Fiona's slowly retreating figure as Nan speaks up. "You okay?" It was a stupid question to ask. Zoe was most definitely not okay and that was obvious. Her face was sunken in and her eye bags were practically a name brand now.

"I'm fine." She dismisses and throws another body part into the pit. Knowing it was best to leave the subject untouched, Nan stays silent. "How Luke?" Zoe asks, changing the subject as she looked at the slightly sweaty teen. "Still asleep in my bed."

"We have to get him out of the house." "He's not well enough yet." Nan dismissed in a hiss as she held the shovel up next to her. Glancing up for Fiona, who stood with her back to them a few feet away, Zoe speaks again. "Well, he can't stay here."

"He can and he will." Both girls stop and look at the elder woman as she turns around. "No sense rushing him back to his Holy Roller mother till he recovers. She'd only call the cops anyhow." With a smile on her face, Nan jumps an inch from excitement and looks at the Supreme. "Thank you." Dropping the shovel to the floor and running away without another word as she went to check on the boy upstairs.

"I like a witch who knows how to fight. You've done this coven a great service, Zoe. I won't forget it." The Supreme thanks the teen who stands there silently. Fiona softly nods her head to the house. "Go on." She dismisses the girl who immediately moves to leave.