𝟎𝟏𝟎; '𝐲𝐞𝐬' 𝐚𝐧𝐝 '𝐧𝐨'

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓮𝓷
Burn, Witch, Burn!

REWRITE : October 11, 2021

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Two cardboard boxes lay on her bed as she reaches inside and grabs a half folded magazine. The page showed a picture of her roommate with her phone pressed against her ear and bright bold letters spelling the words, "I do what I want." Zoe sets the magazine down on the sheets next to the second box she refused to touch. She knew she had to go through it sooner or later but that wasn't going to be now. She couldn't look at her sister's things. Not yet.

Reaching back into the box, she grabs the nearest object which just so happened to be a pair of sunglasses. She stares at them for a moment before turning to the full length mirror in the room and trying them on. She moves her hair away a bit before sighing and taking them off.

Going back to rummaging through her ex-roommate's things, she takes a pair of sparkle headphones and places them on the bed. She continues to throw things onto the bed gently before her hand grabs ahold of a small silver and marble handgun. Almost instantly, she places it back in the box. She digs through the box once more before grabbing a coral and floral design cloth. The cloth unravels in the air and a small empty vodka shot falls to the floor and rolls into the closet.

Throwing the cloth on the bed, Zoe slowly follows the shot and stalks into the closet. Just as she halts in front a rack of clothes, a click and hinges creaking fills her ears. With furrowed brows, Zoe steps forward and pushes the clothes away to reveal a hidden door in the wall of the closet. The door was open an inch and was only tall enough for someone to crawl through.

The hinges creak as she grabs the corner of the door and pulls it open. Kneeling down to her knees, she flicks on her phone's flashlight and crawls through the small space. She stops in front of an old chest before clicking it open, removing a cloth off the top, and opening it fully. She brushes the hair out of her face and shines her light over the group of photographs that lie in the metal chest.

Her fingers shifts through a small group of photographs before grabbing two and staring at them for a moment. She then turns to the other side and reaches into a sack. The cold wood of the spirit board hits her fingertips as she pulls it out of the sack. She brings into both hands as she gazes at the yellows numbers and letters on the wood.

~~~

"A hundred years ago, this academy was packed at capacity. They had bunk beds and slept eight to a room." Zoe informs as she sets down old photos of the old academy and it's residents on the table. "Now...notice anything?" She asks her two classmates on the other side of the table. "Yeah. Luke's not here. His mom keeps slamming the door on me." Both Zoe and Queenie divert their eyes from the photos and to the brunette next to them.