𝟎𝟏𝟓; 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
❝The Sacred Taking❞

WARNINGS :
• self harm
REWRITE: December 2021

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Mothballs and history." Myrtle shook off the dust off another cloak before making her way to Misty, placing it gently on her shoulders. "It's a cocktail I swoon for." Zoe had been helping Cordelia put it on correctly as her sister tied the string of the robe that lay heavily on her shoulders as she occasionally glanced at the blonde two feet away who struggled to tie her own, huffing with an angry pout on her face. Misty looked at her shoulders with a grin. "I feel like a queen." 

Making her way to Madison with a small quirk of her lips, she took the strings in her fingers, moving Madison's and tying it for her. Madison stared at Fable without a word as the girl tied the knot. Fable's hands lingered as she turned her eyes up to the girl who stared at her with such intensity it had taken her back before moving her hands to the blonde's shoulders and brushing off some lingering dust. Fable backed away a couple of feet, nodding at Madison who blinked and shook her head. 

"How does putting on this smelly old stuff help us get rid of Fiona?" Cordelia turned to her as Zoe finished up tying the strings for their headmistress. "It's part of a ceremony called the "Sacred Taking," which allows for the ascension of the new Supreme." Zoe had stepped away from Cordelia and into her place in the circle when Myrtle came behind her,  giving her a veil to put on her head. "And we're sure Misty's the next Supreme?" Zoe questions, her skepticism peeking through the cracks. "I'm certain of her credentials."

"She's brought back more people from the dead than Jesus Christ." She reassures, going back to the chest that was once filled with dusted robes and grabbing another veil for the witches. Madison, who noticed the obvious skepticism in her roommate's tone, turned her head to the brunette. "Disappointed?" She taunts. "You thought it was you, didn't you?" Zoe steps away after helping her headmistress out her veil on, holding eye contact, and refusing to let Madison Montgomery get under her skin.

"Well, I knew it wasn't you, because when Fiona slit your throat, you died." Madison gave her a sarcastic smile, her eyes screaming profanities at the brunette as Fable let out a low whistle that whispered 'awkward'. Fable took the headband from Myrtle's hands gently, placing it on her head and flowing the veil back behind her hair, making sure it wasn't bundled up. "It could be any one of us." Nan cuts in, emphasizing the 'one' in a tone that had a not-so-hidden meaning behind it. Madison side eye's the girl, her gaze critical. "Not really. It's pretty obvious." "And what does that mean?" Nan snaps. Fable's hands stopped fiddling with the lace as her eyes shifted to Madison, glaring daggers at her friend. "Don't be a dick, Madison." Her tone was firm. Fable ignored the look of annoyance Madison threw in her direction and smiled apologetically to Nan.