𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞; 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐱'𝐬 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ
𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮
Bitchcraft

REWRITE:
July 31, 2021

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

2013

Zoe and Fable sat on a train to New Orleans, neither have said a word since they left their home. Zoe stares blankly out the window as her sister stared at the seat in front of her. Her eyes puffy, cheeks were tear stained, and guilt was running through her veins. She felt different. Like a part of her was missing. The sisters proved that your life can overnight or in a moment. The official word on Emily's and Charlie's death was a brain aneurysm. The doctors have never seen anything quite like it before. The blood. All that blood. That they both saw. Fable didn't think that it was as bad for Zoe as it was for her. She didn't want to sound bitchy for that but she knew that Zoe didn't love Charlie. Not like she loved Emily.

Zoe and Fable sat on Zoe's bed next to each other, sobbing their eyes out. The sight was unnatural to Zoe, to see her sister cry. Of course, she's seen Fable cry but when something happened to the both of them, she would put on a tough act and make sure her sister was okay first even when Zoe hated it. This just showed that Fable was so broken about this that she couldn't even put on that face. And that worried her. This brought more tears to Zoe's eyes as she grabs ahold of her sister and pulls her into her chest, letting her cry into her shirt.

Their mother sat at the end of the bed, trying to comfort her daughters the best she could though it clearly wasn't working. "It's not your fault, my babies." she tries to reassure causing Fable to move away a little from Zoe and look at her. Her mother's words were not helping the guilt that she felt. "It's ours." she says. 'How does that make any sense. They weren't here when Emily and Charlie died. How could it be their fault?' Thoughts ran a thousand miles in Fable's head at her mother's words.

"There's something I should have told you girls a long time ago." she says on the verge of tears which causes Zoe to look at her. Zoe and Fable start to slowly sit up looking at their mom in front of them. "I prayed it would skip your generation. Your great grandmother had the same genetic affliction." she says slowly as if she didn't know how to word it.

'So apparently we're witches. Runs in our family. It doesn't show up in every generation or in every girl, like our cousin Amanda, she's just bulimic.' Zoe looks away from the window and opens the book that is sat in her lap. Fable looks over and starts to read with her. They had learned about the Salem witch trials in like the fifth grade.

Though Fable was too busy fawning over Emily who was her best friend. At that time, she didn't know she liked girls, she just thought that they were friends. Fable's eyes glaze over with tears at the memories flooding her brain. 'Guess we should have paid more attention.'

A wave of panic grows in Fable's stomach as a thought crosses her mind, causing her eyes to widen. She blinks back her tears and turns her head to her sister who was still reading. "Hey Z, can you do me a favor?" The sixteen year old asks in a hushed tone which resulted in Zoe turning her head towards her fraternal twin. "Of course, what is it?" she asked, concern laced in her voice. She was scared for her sister. Losing Emily broke her and she was going to do anything and everything she could to help her. "Um, so if anyone at that school asks, can you not tell them about me being gay?" Fable asked in a whisper. Zoe scrunches her eyebrows in confusion so Fable further explains.

"I don't want the girls there to look at me weirdly. So can you just say my 'boyfriend' or something died instead?" Fable asks. Zoe nods and gives her sister a weak smile. She grabs her sister's hand and turns her focus back to the book on her lap. Fable smiles weakly and turns her attention back to the book. They read about the Salem witch trials and how they would burn the girls who were accused.

'Those girls weren't even witches. The real witches were cunning and careful not to be caught. In fact, after that, they got the hell out of dodge. They fled, as far south as they could.'

Fable scans her sister's concentrated face with furrowed brows. They may not look identical but it's like their brains and souls are kind of connected. They think the same things sometimes but then again, they are two different people. 'After the real witches fled south, New Orleans pretty much became the new Salem.'

"There's a school there. A boarding school for girls like you. You'll be safe." she says with a hint of dread in her voice. "You're sending us away?" Fable asks, tears pooling her eyes again. "I'm sorry baby." she says to both of them, who starts to cry again. "We can't keep you here anymore. It's too dangerous." Their mother says as she starts to cry.

Both girls start to sit up as they see men in black suits walk into the room. They walk towards the sisters as Zoe speaks up. "What's going on?' she says as she grabs Fable and backs away towards the wall and their mother gets off the bed. "Mom, what's going on? What is this?" Fable asks in a frightened tone. The men grab the girls by the arms and drag them out of Zoe's room as they howl and cry for their mother.

Fable turned her head to look over at the row across from them. She looks over at the red haired woman who came with the two of them holding a cigarette between her fingers and the men from before sitting next to her and in front.

~~~

They arrive in front of a huge white two story almost mansion-like house with white pillars holding up the second floor. The black iron gate was covered in vines and right next to it on the wall, was a dirty plaque that read, "Ms. Robichaux's academy" Zoe and Fable step out of the car and take long looks at the beautiful building in front of them. The men and the red-haired woman step out of the car and walk over to a doorbell right next to the gate.

The men set down their bags in front of the gate as they both walk slowly towards the gate. The woman rings the bell as the gate slowly swings open. The sisters turn to look at the men and woman who were next to them to find that they had disappeared. They look around to see if they can find them but they are long gone. They turn back around to the gate. They stare for a minute before grabbing their bags and walking towards the house. 'Here goes nothing.'

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜...𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚢𝚢𝚢𝚢𝚜, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙸 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚓𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙵𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝙴𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 "𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚍"

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

- 𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚑 <𝟹𝟹