Bonfire

Shelby came down the stairs from her room to say goodbye to her parents

Shelby came down the stairs from her room to say goodbye to her parents. They were sitting in the living room watching the news.

"Mom, Dad I'm leaving."

"Be safe sweetheart."

"I will Mom!" Shelby headed out the front door and to her car. She climbed in closing the door behind her. She programmed the address Kelly had sent her into her cars GPS before backing out of her driveway and starting to follow the GPS to the destination.

It was about an hour drive out into the middle of nowhere. Shelby parked her car next to a group of other cars. She climbed out and started walking towards the spot where she could see a glow of a fire. As she got closer she saw all of the people that where there. It seemed like half the school was there.

There was music playing, people dancing, and beer cans everywhere.

"Hey you made it!" Shelby turned to the direction of the voice and spotted Kelly. She smiled to herself.

"Hey yeah. Kind of out here in the middle of nowhere."

"Yeah it's my dads Cabin." Kelly walked closer to her. "You want a beer?"

"Uh sure just one."

"Haha alright."

Shelby followed Kelly around to where there were a bunch of coolers with beers and wine coolers. Kelly pulled one out and handed it to her.

"Thanks." Shelby took the cold beer in her hand and popped the top open taking a drink.

The two of them started to walk around drinking their beers. "So how many times have you had to move?"

"Too many to count honestly."

"That's gotta suck. Starting over."

"Yeah it does but I've grown use to it. It's been an ongoing thing since I was in 4th grade." Shelby couldn't believe how easy Kelly was to talk too.

"What's your favorite city you've lived in?"

"Hm that's a tough one but the one that pops to my mind is Miami."

"why's that?"

"The weather. The beaches. Everyone is just so much fun and there's always something to do. Plus swimming in the ocean at night is a lot of fun." She let out a small laugh.

"Maybe we will go sometime." They found a place to sit down and talk.

Shelby took a drink of her beer."So I was told to be careful around you because your a player."

Kelly had this confused look on his face. "Who told you that?"

"Ashley from our math class." She took another drink from her beer.

Kelly took a drink. "Ashley is just a jealous type. She's had the hots for me since middle school. We tried dating last year but it didn't work out. We broke up at the end of the last school year."