chapter eleven // valentine's day.

sorry i haven't been updating, i have no more ideas, but since it's the day after valentine's day, here you go! enjoy chapter eleven :)

valentine's day. the day i would dread if it were any other year. but this isn't just any other year, this was the first year that i had somebody special to spend it with. somebody that i wouldn't mind spending forever with.

luke and i have been dating for about three months but nobody has ever made me happier.

luke: hey, are you ready princess?

me: yeah :)

luke: alright, i'll be on my way babe

i looked myself in the mirror. i had no idea where we were going, since luke wanted it to be a surprise, so i just wore skinny jeans, some black shirt that luke likes, and converse.

BEEPBEEPBEEP!

i rush out of the house and into luke's car.

"you look beautiful." he says, with a cheesy smile on his face, replacing his usual smirk. "aw thanks, and you look handsome." i reply.

the rest of the car ride was silent. not that awkward silence that everybody always talks about, but a calm silence.

once we get to the place, luke opens up my car door.

"alright, let me just say that this isn't the most fascinating plac-" "it's beautiful!" i say, cutting him off before giving him a hug. "really? you think so?" he asks. "are you kidding me? it's amazing." i say, making him smile.

he holds my hand as we walk down the boardwalk. our table for dinner was on a boardwalk! we then sit down and almost instantly start talking about anything that came to our minds.

luke is someone that i can be myself around, he doesn't judge me. that's what i like the most about him.

when the date was nearly over, luke kneels on one knee, with a black little box in his hands, and by the look on my face, you could tell that i was extremely confused.

"this here, is a promise ring. now, i know that we haven't been dating for a very long time, but throughout the three months that we've been dating, i've learned so so much about you and im sure that there's plenty more that i need to learn, and trust me, im willing to. after spending so much time with you, there's no doubt in my mind that you're the one that i want to be with. i can't see myself being with anybody else. by you wearing this promise ring, you're making a commitment to me, to be faithful. im here to stay kate, i love you."

that's when i start crying like a baby. i couldn't believe it. luke loves me.

i take the promise ring and slip it onto my finger.

"i love you too." i say before his arms wrapped around me, the place i felt the safest.

he loves me.