chapter seven // the talk.

hiii everyone !! i hope your week is going well, fave the chapter if you're liking the story so far, hope you enjoy chapter 7 :)

luke and i walked upstairs and into my room. we sat onto the unmade bed with our legs crossed while facing each other. he seemed really nervous. his breathing was heavy, and he just seemed really uneasy about the 'talk'.

"luke, we just met yesterday.. you don't have to have some big talk with me alright?" i say. "no, but i just need you to know this. and i know we only met yesterday but honestly, i feel like i've known you forever kate. time doesn't matter, i love being around you, you make me feel like im myself again." he says, sounding genuine.

"okay luke, talk." i say quietly.

"alright well when i was in middle school, i was not the most popular guy. everybody made fun of me for being so chubby and ugh i just hated myself ya know?" he says, and that's when i put my hand over his because honestly, i felt bad. he smiled.

"and then when i got to highschool, puberty hit and surprisingly, everybody found me attractive. i lost the weight and everything bad about me. so all of the girls were after me and you know how boys are. i couldn't pick just one girl to be with and i sort of messed with all of them and you're the only girl i haven't had more than a kiss with. and yesterday i was going to make you one of those girls until i realized how you were. it seemed like you didn't even want me to touch you, you're the only girl to ever make me feel nervous. you just made me feel like my old self because you actually listened to what i had to say, you don't seem to care about my 'looks'. and lastly, i honestly like my old self better than.. who i am now." he said before starting to tear.

i pulled him into a strong hug and said,
"luke, it'll all be alright, okay? i know that you automatically can't just stop messing with girls but you should try, for me. try for me." i say, trying to comfort him. "alright kate, thank you so much for actually listening to me, that means a lot. hopefully we can be friends." he says while biting his lip ring which he knows he shouldn't do in front of me.

"yeah, hopefully!" i say trying to cheer him up a little. "so i guess im going home now." he says, while pouting. making it obvious that he wants me to say 'no stay!'

"hahah, let's watch some movies and order pizza." i say. "yay! alright." he says, like an excited little kid.

luke and i spent the rest of the day laughing at bad acting in hallmark movies and eating pizza while making jokes. turns out, he isn't what i thought he was, he's way better than that.