Chapter Two

"Alex you're okay. You can let go of me now." Blake said. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was digging my nails into his arm. I released my grip and took a step back. We were in the front lawn of a huge building.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"Welcome to the Vampire Community. This is where all of the Shadower Vampires live." He said motioning up at the towering building.
"With the exception of a few straggling Slayers." Blake said with a snarl.
We walked through the sliding glass doors and I gasped. There were vampires everywhere. The lobby was decorated with black and red and the lights were dimly lit.
"What's your name?" A male vampire came up behind me.
"Austin go away." Blake said pushing me in front of him.
"Who gave you the right to tell me what to do?" The boy, Austin said. Blake stopped. I saw his face go pale. His nails shot down his fingers and his fangs slid out from under his lip.
"Blake no!" I yelled. Everyone in the lobby stopped dead in their tracks. Blake jumped in the air and slashed his long nails into Austin's face. Austin wiped the blood onto his finger and sniffed it. A smile slid across his face. He shook his hand to the side and jumped at Blake. Blake jumped at me to push me out of the way.
"You don't belong here!" Blake yelled at Austin.
"And what makes you think that?" Austin asked.
"You're a Slayer! Idiot!" Blake yelled. Austin rolled his eyes.
"I'll leave you alone just this one time. But I'll be back." Austin winked at me and disappeared into the darkness.
"Are you okay?" Blake asked me.
"Yeah." I said wiping a cut across my cheek.
"The question is are you okay?" I asked.
"Yeah. You better get that cut cleaned up though. And if you ever see Austin ever again run. Run far away. He's just trouble." Blake said. We walked over to the front desk.
"Blake! You're back!" The lady at the front desk said.
"Ms. Abrams, did you think I would be gone forever?" Blake asked handing the woman his key card. She rolled her eyes and handed him his key.
"And your name is?" The lady asked me.
"Alexandra Kohl." I said. She gave me a key and Blake his card back.
"Welcome back to Vampire community." She said to Blake.
"And welcome to Vampire community.
Your roommate is Abigail Benson." She said to me.
"And yours is Chase Darwin." She said to Blake.
"Yup." Blake said, sounding uninterested. We were walking over to the elevator. I felt eyes drilling into me. People talking about me behind me. I grabbed Blake's arm and dragged him over to the elevator.
The elevator doors opened and we stepped out.
"Here we are." Blake said walking up to my door.
"I will see you for dinner at 8:30." Blake said. I pulled my phone out and read the time.
"But it's midnight." I said.
"You're going to need a new phone tomorrow. It doesn't read Shadow time. There's a clock inside. Use that for now." Blake said.
"Okay." I said.
"See you in two hours." Blake said tossing me my duffle. I put my key into the door and twisted the knob I held my breath and pushed the door.