Chapter Fourteen: Missing

I woke up bright and early. I got up and looked around. Chase was still sitting up at the fire with a blanket.
"Morning." He said looking over at me. I grabbed a blanket and sat down on a log next to him.
"Morning. So what's our plan for today?" I asked him picking up a blanket.
"Finish this thing once and for all." Chase said with a slight smile.
"I won't let this go on for one more night." I said picking up my knife and another stick. Abby woke up and crawled out of her tent.
"We're finishing this." She said half asleep.
"Yeah. We know. That's what we were talking about." I said giggling. She took a seat on the log next to me wrapped in a blanket.
"We need to get at least a little bit cleaned up..." I said standing up. I went over to my tent and picked up my bag. The tiniest bit of gold stuck out from under the leaves that were under my bag. I unburied the gold object and pulled it out from the dirt. It was an arrow with a sharp edge. New. I thought. I took it and stuck it in my bag. I climbed the tree my tent was under and grabbed my bow and arrow. I jumped down from the tree and walked over to Abby and Chase. I threw them each a pair of clothes from my bag and grabbed my own. We walked over to the river to get cleaned up. I stepped in and swam around for a little bit getting washed up. Abby and Chase followed me in. I dunked under the water to get my hair. It was probably disgusting. I tried scrubbing my clothes under water to clean them as best as I could. I took my shirt and cleaned my face with it dunking it back in the water. I stepped out of the river picking up my clean stack of clothes. I hid behind a tree and got changed. They were the same clothes I've worn for the past few days. Black stretchy pants and a red t-shirt with my black hair pulled up in a high ponytail. I walked over to where Chase and Abby were already changed at the campsite. Chase put out the fire and threw his bag over his shoulder. I grabbed my bag and Abby did the same. I took our leftover fish and wrapped it in leaves and stuck it in my bag in case we were stuck out in the woods tonight. We each loaded our guns and I tucked my golden arrow in one boot and my gun in the other. I slung my bow over my shoulder. I didn't tell anyone about my arrow.
"Ready?" Chase asked.
"Ready as I'll ever be." I said.
"But what about Chase?" Abby asked.
Chase answered for me.
"He's on his own. He's fought with two out of three of us." Chase said. Abby nodded and we closed our eyes.
3
2
1
And we were gone.