Chapter Three: Abby

"Hello!" I heard a voice in the darkness.
"Uh, hey..." I said, my eyes not yet adjusted. I heard someone fumble with something and a lamp turned on.
There was a girl sitting on a bed with long straight black hair, black nails, and lots of red and black makeup. She was wearing a black and red short dress and tall black heel boots with fish-net tights.
"My names Abigail. But you can call me Abby." She said.
"I'm Alex." I said.
"Your going to need a Vampire Makeover..." She said clapping her hands.
"Alright...?" I said. Abby got up and ran into the bathroom. While she was gone I took the chance to look around the room. On Abby's desk was a picture of her and her family. Her family looked perfectly normal... Like mine... I unpacked my bag and put sheets on my bed. They were a deep Crimson red while my comforter was a dark ebony black. I threw a black pillow onto my bed and placed my folded clothes in a drawer. I kicked my bag under the bed and Abby came in with a handful of makeup. She threw it on the floor and went into her closet for a dress.
"So, Blake brought you up here? You like him?" She asked filing through her clothes.
"Yeah he brought me up here. And I guess he's nice..." I said.
"Yeah. We used to hang out all the time. We actually went to the same school together. Like you, we're both half blood vampires. Meaning we were born human but as we got older a gene was passed down from a family member." She said finding what she wanted.
"Oh. I wonder who I got mine from.." I said.
"Most likely its from your mom or dad, but sometimes it's from your grandparents or even your great grandparents. Blake's gene came from his dad. His parents divorced when Blake's mom found out something was up with his dad. Mine came from my great grandparents. My great grandmother to be exact." She said giggling.
"Well I know it couldn't have come from my mom or dad or I wouldn't have been taken away from them." I said. Abby nodded.
"We should probably get to our Vampire Makeover now. Dinner is in an hour." Abby said grabbing all of her supplies. She tossed me a dress.
"Here get changed into this." I walked into the bathroom with the dress. It looked like a halloween costume just a little bit more real. It was a deep red with black here and there and it laced up the back. It was tight and stopped halfway down my thighs. I changed into it quickly and put on my best model walk as I walked out of the bathroom. Abby squealed and clapped again.
"You look beautiful!" She said.
"Now your hair, makeup, nails, and shoes." She said. She tossed me a pair of black tall heel boots just like hers with zippers up the sides. Then she brushed my hair straight down with a part and moved on to makeup. She applied dark heavy black makeup around my eyes and crimson lipstick on.
"What about bronzer?" I asked.
"Vampires don't wear bronzer. We want to look pale not tan, we are already pale so what's the point?" She said stifling a laugh. Then she moved on to my nails. She took the black nail polish and put two coats on my nails. She blew on them once and took a step back to observe her artwork.
"B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!" She screamed. She grabbed her purse and threw her keys and phone in it.
"Do you happen to know what time it is?" I asked sliding my phone and keys in my own black purse.
"8:20. It should only take us ten minutes to get down to the dining hall, so we will be right on time." She said. We locked the door and walked down to the dining hall together.