Chapter Five: In The Tunnels

The intercom beeped on.
"Evacuate! Slayers are attacking! Please evacuate in groups and make sure you have all members in your family! Please evacuate through tunnels!"
My pulse started kicking up.
"Blake!" I screamed.
"Alex we're going to be okay!" Just grab some weapons!" Blake said. I ran over to the shelves and grabbed things that I didn't even know what they were. I grabbed boxes of bullets. While I was grabbing weapons, Blake grabbed bags of food, camouflage, and tools and stuffing it all in two bags.
"What about Abby? And Chase?" I yelled.
"They're going to be okay. We already planned this out. We're going to meet in one of the tunnels. Just hurry up!" He yelled. He threw a bag to me and a new set of clothes. I gave him a gun and a box of bullets and strapped a gun to the inside of my boot.
"Ready?" Blake asked.
"Ready..." I said unsure.
Blake grabbed a torch and lit it with one of the matches he threw in his bag before we went in the tunnel.
"Blake! C'mon! We have to hurry up!" I yelled.
"Will you calm down!" Blake yelled. His fangs stuck out from under his lip and his nails dug into the wood of the torch. I took a step back and kept quiet. We started walking into the tunnel when we heard voices. Blake turned around.
"You heard that too? Right?" Blake asked. I ignored him and crossed my arms.
"Oh come on! I just told you to stop worrying." Blake said. He had a sorry expression.
"Okay..." I said taking the torch out of his hand. "But I'm in the lead..." I said.
Blake shook his head.
"It's safer if I go f-" He started. Something boomed through the tunnel. I grabbed Blake's hand and ran as far as I could until my legs burned. Then we heard voices.
"Where do you think they are?"
"They should be here by now."
"Oh no! I hope they didn't get hurt!" We took a step around the corner and peered out to see who the voices were coming from. I recognized one. No wait two! They were Abby and Chase and a few others. I ran over to Abby and gave her a hug.
"I thought you..." She started but couldn't finish.
"I know..." I said. We stood their for a second until the boys split us up.
"We need to hurry up and get out of the tunnel to get into the woods." Blake said handing Chase and Abby a gun.
"Ahh... There you are...." We all turned around. It was Austin.