Chapter Thirteen: Fun Without Blake

There were Vampires everywhere. Slayers! It didn't seem like there was a Shadower left in the rebellion. Abby taught me how to do that blurry vampire thing and I nailed it. Knowing Austin was dead lifted so much weight off our shoulders. Abby and I were having so much fun until we noticed that it was pitch black.
"Abby! We forgot to head back to Blake and Chase!" I said not so happy anymore.
"Omigosh!" Abby said covering her mouth.
"They're gonna kill us!!" I said worried.
"It's okay. We can just blur our way over their." She said, trying to fix the problem.
"Okay..." I said unsure knowing Blake would still kill me at least.
"Ready? 3, 2, 1!" Abby said. I closed my eyes and imagined myself blurring through the woods until we found Chase and Blake. I kept my eyes closed for most of the time until I opened my eyes a crack and saw Chase and Blake. I stopped and turned away to wait for Abby. Blake coughed.
"So why were you late?" Blake asked me sternly. I kept pretending to wait for Abby.
"Hello!? Why were you late?" Blake asked louder.
"Blake!" Chase yelled.
"You aren't my mother!" I yelled at Blake.
"Guys!!! Knock it off!" Abby yelled stopping next to me. Blake took off through the woods.
"I'm not following him..." Chase said having enough of us.
"Well I'm not either. Why would I?" I ask crossing my arms.
"I'm not leaving you guys." Abby said.
"Let him fend for himself." I added.
We ended up making a full blown camp that night without Blake. We found four trees all near each other and each of us made a tent out of brush and logs. Then we built a fire and we cooked fish down by a river nearby our camp. We each took a seat on a log around the fire. I took out a pocket knife and I started cutting through a stick creating stakes.
"Be careful with those." Chase said. I looked up and he was staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Be careful around Shadowers and even yourself with those." Chase said sucking his hair back but it fell back in his eye.
"Here I can help you with that." I said setting my knife and stake down. I got up and went over to a pine tree.
"Can you toss me my knife back." I asked Abby. She closed my knife and gave it to me. I opened it back up and scraped sap off the tree. I took a wooden bowl and put the sap in the bowl. I brought it over to the log chase was sitting on and I knelt on the dirt. I took some sap on two fingers and pushed his hair straight up in the front. I took a little more and slid it up the sides of his head on his sideburns. He looked kind of like my brother. I backed up to see how it looked.
"Perfect!" I said with a grin.
"Thanks!" He said looking down at the ground.
"Ooooohhhhh....." I heard Abby say. I blushed and took a seat on my log. She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I took a handful of sap and threw it in her hair.
"Oh! You just did not girl!" She screamed throwing some in my hair. I ran over to Chase and threw some more in his hair.
"You just didn't!" Chase said running over to me. He caught up to me and grabbed around the waist and flipped me over. I screamed reaching for his hair to mess it up.
"You messed with the hair!" He said. He placed me back on my feet and we all fell to the ground laughing.
"Time for sleep. I'll take first watch." Chase said giving me his hand to help me up.
"Thanks." I said heading over to my 'tent'. He did the same for Abby and she walked over to her tent next to mine. Chase took a seat on a log around the campfire and started whittling stakes. I laughed to myself and fell asleep within minutes.