Chapter Eight: Secrets

"... And that's how I got here..." Abby said, talking about how she first got to Vampire Community.
"Hey Alex, why don't you tell your story!" Abby said. We were all sitting around a campfire eating fish that Blake and Chase caught from the river.
"Well, uh, I didn't even know I was a vampire until Blake scared me half to death in the woods and then followed me home and showed up in my bedroom!" I said giving him a funny glare. Then Blake spoke up.
"If you guys could have anything, what would it be?" He asked. We all laughed thinking that that's the weirdest question he could've asked. Abby started.
"I've always wanted a Pegasus so I could fly high above the clouds!" She said. I started laughing. Nobody else did.
"What's so funny?" Blake asked smiling.
"Don't you all know that unicorns and Pegasus are fake!" I said laughing. I could tell by Abby's face that apparently, stuff like that was completely real in the Vampire Community.
"Well, anyways," I started, changing the subject,"When I was younger, I always wanted a treehouse..." I said. I waited for everyone to laugh but it never came.
"What's a treehouse?" Blake asked blushing a little.
"It's a... Uh... Little house in a tree?" I said being so descriptive.
"Oh cool!" He said picking up a stick and writing in the dirt again.
"We should probably get some sleep. I'll stay on watch." Chase said, getting comfortable against a tree.
I couldn't fall asleep for at least an hour later. The birds were singing, and woods were alive. I was listening to all of the sounds in the woods. Birds, Frogs, and the leaves rustling in the breeze. I looked up at the stars twinkling in the night sky. But then there was a sound that scared me. A girl screaming in the woods.