Chapter Twelve: Inside the Rebellion

I can do this.
I can do this.
I can do this.
I can do this.

I thought taking my first step into the rebellion. I could hear people crying out. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I looked to make sure Blake wasn't watching me. I wiped it off my cheek with the back of my hand.
"Guys. Stick together." Abby said. a stern look spread across her face. I nodded, drawing my gun out of my boot. I could hear the screaming and crying. Laughs coming after each one. I knew we were drawing near the battle scene. I was afraid to look. I turned my head away, not ready for what was waiting for me to see. Abby gave me a sorry expression. I turned my head back. I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me. It made me sound weak and little. We all stopped right where the rebellion began, and we crossed the line.
I was first to cross the line. I heard gunshots near me. I turned and shot a bullet to where a Slayer was standing. He cried out. I couldn't believe I was shooting my own kind. Until I remembered. They were never my kind. Those dirty liars. I looked around. All I could see was a bunch of blurred figures running through the woods. One was coming right at me. I lifted my gun and tried shooting. It wasn't working.
"Abby!" I screamed. I could see the figure had a gun in his hand. I recognized him. Austin!
"Get him in the heart!" I yelled. I heard her gun shoot and Austin fell to the ground. Blake through me some bullets as we ran over to make sure he was dead. I loaded my gun and shot one more bullet.
"We should split up boys to girls." Blake said looking at me. I looked over at Chase. His brown hair was tangled in a mess. There were cuts across his face and dirt above his eye.
"I'm not sure if we should do that." Chase said fixing his bag on his shoulder.
"I think we'd get around faster..." I said. Chase threw us each a black chip, with red LED lights. Similar but smaller then the one Blake threw in my front yard.
"Wait. But I thought you were against the idea." I said, feeling the sharp metal against the tips of my fingers.
"As long as we keep hidden and meet up." Chase said.
"Meet up where?" Abby said staring at the chip in her hand.
"How about our old camp, before Alex was transferred from-" Chase started before Abby cut him off.
"Yup so see you then!" Abby said grabbing my arm. Blake sent me a look.
"I'm sorry." I heard him whisper. Chase had the same look. I turned around before I could watch anything else and ran through the woods.
Abby and I stopped when we ran out of breath.
"Something tells me a few people are fighting for you." Abby said stepping over a rock. I saw a smile on her face.
"Who?" I said starting to laugh.
"I don't know. Maybe a boy named Blake and a boy named Chase..." Abby said sarcastically. I laughed. She was lying.
"Okay. Then how do you know?" I said tossing a stone at a tree.
"Omigosh! Have you not seen their eyes when they look at you. And they are such... Gentlemen... For you!!!" Abby said getting all excited.
"Which one do you like more?" She asked me.
"I don't know.." I said laughing.
"But if you had to pick.." She said.
"I don't know. I'm kind of mad at Blake right now so probably Chase." I said. Abby's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head.
"B-but I thought... Like you and Blake." Abby said astonished.
"Yeah I know. Just I'm really mad at him. He promised to protect my family and he didn't." I said. Abby nodded.
"We better hurry up and kick some Vampire butt!" Abby said changing the subject. I smiled and we took off in a run.