{55} Session 9

With a loud huff, I stood up and tried to get myself together, I wanted to check on Eden and try to forget what happened. 

Crevan looked happy when I said nice eyes and I really wished I lied. I couldn't come up with a good comeback! I groaned and shook my head. Don't think about Crevan. Don't think about Crevan. Don't think Crevan. I kept telling myself while I went out of my room and was finally in front of Eden's door.

I knocked on Eden's door and waited until he opened the door. I heard movement and the door swung opened. "What?" He snapped. I wanted to glare at him for snapping at me, but then I noticed he was shirtless and it made me thought of his back.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly. It was a dumb question, I know.

He gave me a dry chuckle and wiped his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine. I had to look at the one person who I like and it's the same person who gave me an ugly scar." Eden turned around and my eyes widened.

I haven't seen the scar in years and it was ugly. It started on the middle on his back and stopped mid way. It was a straight line and was healed, but the doctor said it will never go away. I remembered what Cade said and I blurted out. "Cade said he'll never hurt you again and he'll see you tomorrow."

Eden stopped what he was doing turned around. "What? He wouldn't say that. He's an ass-"

"He's sorry, Eden. You need to talk to him and tell him how you feel."

He narrowed his eyes and slowly started to smirk. "Did Crevan do something to you?"

I chuckled nervously and starched my head. "What? No, he didn't do anything to me. We just talked and that's it." Eden mouth dropped open and I knew what he was thinking. I was nervous and he could tell by my weird acts,

 "Did you kiss him?" Eden asked.

"Good night, Eden," I said and walked out of his room. I walked into mine and jumped on my bed. I didn't have the energy to take off my clothes. I knew I blushed in front of Eden and he was going to bother me about it but I felt giddy when he kissed me. I touched my cheek and smiled. Jerk. 

 ~~~

"Where have you been, Zayden? I thought you were sick," Cassandra asked worriedly the next day in school, I shrugged and tried to frown to keep me from smiling.

"Sorry. Something happened and I couldn't come to school or therapy." She nodded and asked me the usual questions.

I told her what about happened between Crevan and me and she didn't look pleased. I shrugged it off as nothing and asked her what she was doing.

"I've been fine, thanks for asking. I watched the news and a man went to the hospital. They said he tripped and fell because he had alcohol in his system. I knew something bad was going to happen on Halloween-" I couldn't listen anymore. It was me who pushed the guy. I didn't mean for him to get in a coma. I should've told Cassandra.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. What if she tells the cops? Will I go to jail? I remembered when the guy's friend touched Eden and slapped him. I remembered pushing the guy who was in a coma. Blood under his head, his eyes closed, his breathing slow, everything. I closed my mouth and swallowed the big lump in my throat. Cassandra wasn't like that. She could keep a secret. She kept all the things I've ever told her.

"Cassandra..." I chocked out. She looked at me and smiled. The smile was just like my mom's, welcoming and warm. Oh god, my mom! If she knew about that she'll be very disappointed in me. "D-did they tell the man's name?"  

Cassandra nodded, "Yes, his name is Shane Nolan, 19, and only a child. That's all what they've said and then changed to the weather's news. That is why kids shouldn't be going outside on Halloween. Bad things happen and someone always gets hurt."

I nodded and looked at the clock. "Its time for me to go," I said quickly. Cassandra looked at the clock and got up. "We only had fifteen minutes."

"I don't have anything to tell you and I have to check on Eden. I'll come back tomorrow. Bye Cassandra!" I left her room without her respond. I ran down the hallway and slammed open the school doors. It was my fault that the guy, Shane Nolan, was in hospital. As I ran home, two things were on my mind: Shane Nolan and his blood.