Chapter Fourty Nine

Amy left before Callum arrived so that him and I would have privacy. The hospital had called my father, who was also on his way. I was excited to see him, but I hoped that Callum would come before he did.

I couldn't wait to see Callum.

As I lied back, trying to stretch my legs, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called out, unable to see who was at the door.

A woman walked into the room. She wore an expensive looking red dress with a white lab coat over it, and thick black framed glasses.

A man walked in behind her, he looked to be in his mid thirties wearing a dark blue suit.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked the both of them.

"Hi Dylan, I'm Dr. Scott. I am a psychiatrist here at the hospital, Dr. Hines sent me to pay you a visit. Is it okay if the detective here asks you a few questions?" She asked.

I looked back and forth between them, before nodding.

"Hello Miss Gold, I'm glad to see you awake. I'm Detective Clarke, the lead detective on your case."

"My case? You mean my kidnapping?" I said, images of the wine cellar immediately coming to my mind.

He nodded. "Yes. We have Bryan Kim in custody, but as of now, his sister Kelly Kim has not been apprehended.

I swallowed, feeling a large lump in my throat. "What?"

"Ms Kim held you captive for 21 days, I assume you two spent a lot of time together."

"I mean, I guess." I mumbled, not wanting to think about Kelly again.

"Did she tell you anything about where she could have gone? Any small detail would be beneficial."

"If this is too much, we can go." Dr. Scott said.

"No, no it's okay." I replied.

I told them everything Kelly told me about her failed plan. Everything I went through just spilled out of me effortlessly. After I was done, it felt like an elephant sized weight was lifted off my chest.

"And Bryan," I asked. "What's going to happen to him?"

"Well, that's also something I needed to talk to you about."

"Okay?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"Bryan Kim alleges that he wasn't aware of your kidnapping until the day of your escape. He says that his sister, Kelly, didn't tell him until she was already out of town." The detective said. "Do you have any reason to believe he is telling the truth?"

I closed my eyes and let out a breath. This was too much. I felt my chest tightening up, as I relived the day of my escape. I had never been so afraid in my life, and it felt like it had just happened yesterday.

"I don't know. I didn't see him until that day, but I have no idea if he knew I was there or not. I just, I don't know." I said, pushing my hair back.

"Okay detective, I think that's enough for now." Dr. Scott said to him, her eyes sympathizing with mine.

He nodded, and turned back to me.

"I'll be by in the next couple of days if you don't mind."

"That's fine." I replied, as the two of them walked out of the room.

My heart was racing and my breathing was erratic. I felt like my throat was closing up and I couldn't breathe. I closed my eyes and clenched onto the blanket that was draped over me.