Chapter Fourty Four

My stomach had finally stopped making noises. All I felt now is a dull ache where hunger had been.

My lips were dry and cracked, and dried blood still remained on my head from Kelly knocking me out days ago.

When I first met her, I could tell that something was a little off. Her drugging Callum and myself had only confirmed that.
But now, I realized that there was something very wrong with her. Some form of mental illness that made her truly deranged.

She'd come to see me in the cellar every day, giving me a bottle of water and a handfull of crackers as if I was a pet bird she was forced to feed.

It had been a little over two weeks, and I was still in my same gown from the debutante ball. It was filthy, as was I.

The only bathroom that I had was a bucket that sat less than a foot away from where I slept, which was the concrete floor of a temperature controlled wine cellar.

Kelly had told me her plan days go. She went into detail of how she'd been keeping tabs on me since Callum's birthday weekend, and knew that the ball was the perfect place to take me. She was going to keep me alive until the police gave up their search for me, no matter how long it took. After that, she plans to kill me and dump my body over state lines. She'd make it look like I'd ran away and killed myself.

I had asked her why she was telling me all of this, and she smiled and replied, "I didn't want to keep you in suspense."

She was sick and twisted, but also overally emotional and insecure. I planned to use her vices against her to get my freedom.

The lights flickered on, and Kelly stood in front of me once again.

"The police came to question me again today. Seems like they're running in circles if you ask me." She smirked, sitting on a stool across from me.

"Just leave me alone Kelly." I groaned, annoyed my her constant need to converse with me.

"You sick of me already? Don't worry, soon enough you won't have to see me again. Or anyone for that matter." She responded, covering her mouth with her hand as she giggled.

I turned my head away and closed my eyes, trying to block her out.

"I can see that I am disturbing your much needed beauty sleep. I just came to let you know that I'll be out of town for a few days, so you'll have to go without your water and crackers for some time."

"I'll die." I grunted. "And then your plan will fail. You'll have a dead body on your hands, and with the police already suspecting you, they'll have your ass." I laughed weakly, leaning my head against the wall. "You're going to jail. All of this was for nothing you dumb bitch." I continued laughing, looking up at her.

Her face grew angry, and she stormed over to me, slapping me across the face.

"You shut your mouth!" She snarled, pointing her finger at me.

I cackled, tasting blood in my mouth. I spat the blood out in front of her, some of it getting on my dress. I stared down at it and then back up at her, laughing once again.

"Stop laughing!" She demanded, punching my cheek with force.

I didn't care about the pain, and kept on laughing, hoping to make her angrier. I wanted her to feel like she was losing control. Just like I had.

She grabbed a wine bottle from the wall and threw it in my direction, missing my face by inches.

The red wine looked like blood as it tricked on the wall beside me and unto my now off-white dress. Broken glass from the bottle covered the ground.