Chapter Fourty Six

Justin's POV

I looked into the hallway of the birthing suites, watching Steve talk to a police officer. I walked out of the suite towards them, hoping that there was news on Dylan.

Steve turned to me, his eyes brimming with tears.

"What's wrong? She's gone isn't she?" I asked, my voice cracking. My heart stopped and I felt myself beginning to cry.

"No," Steve shook his head crying. "She's here, she's hurt but she's here, in this hospital."

"Where? I need to see her."

The officer cleared his throat before speaking. "As I was told Mr Gold, we need to get a full picture of what went on before anyone can see  her. I would like for everyone that is close to Miss Gold to come down to the station."

This man must be out of his mind.

"To be honest with you officer, I couldn't give a fuck what you want. What room is she in?" I demanded.

"Justin calm down." Steve said to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"No Steve, these assholes have been giving us the runaround for weeks. Now that they've finally found her we can't see her. It makes no fucking sense!" I stormed away from them and out of the maternity ward.

I paced up and down the corridor, not knowing what to do. Finally, I pulled out my phone and called Callum. I knew he was in San Diego following a lead, and he needed to know that Dylan had been found.

"Hello." He said, sounding defeated.

"They found her. She's here in the hospital." I said, feeling myself begin to cry again.

"You're lying." He scoffed, incredulously.

"Callum get your ass over here right now!"

"W-where what hospital? H-how I mean, is she okay?"

"She's alive. I haven't seen her but she is alive. Get here now. We're at Saint Peter's." I stated.

"I'm on my way." He said before hanging up.

I knew he would be. No matter what I thought about Callum Gage, I knew one thing to be true, he loved Dylan. A lot.

I sped over to the information desk, needing to find out about Dylan.

"How can I help you?" The woman at the desk asked. She sent me a flirty smile as she looked up at me through her eyelashes. She was young, noticeably in her early twenties, pretty enough, and I wasn't interested.

"I need to find the room of a patient, Dylan Gold."

She typed into her computer, looking up at me occasionally.

"Dylan Gold, sounds familiar. Hmm let me see. So it says here that she's in the intensive care unit. Apparently she isn't allowed any visitors at this time." She stared at the screen, confused, and continued to click her mouse.

"I just need her room number, please." I begged.

She frowned, meeting my gaze. "Is she your girlfriend or something. Because they definitely won't let you in the ICU."

I laughed, unamused, running my hand through my hair.

"She's my stepsister. So if it's alright with you, I'd love her room number." I was beginning to get frustrated but bit my tongue so I didn't go off on this woman. "Please I just need to see her and make sure she's okay."

"I see. Well, if I give you the room number, I'd be doing it as a favor."

I nodded at her, waiting for her to continue.

"You can't tell anyone I gave it to you." She said.

"I won't, I promise."

She looked me up and down, and I was beyond pissed at this point.

"Room N77." She whispered, leaning over the desk.

I nodded, jogging to the elevator. "Fucking psycho." I muttered, looking back at her.

I entered the elevator, and the floor of the ICU was lit up.

"You visiting?" An old woman said from behind me.

I turned to her and nodded.

"You must love her. I can see it in your eyes." She smiled.

I blinked, meeting her eyes. "Yes, I do love her."

The elevator opened and we both stepped out.

"Good luck young man." She said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

As I walked down the hall, passing the rooms, my stomach began to turn. The people in this wing were critical, dying even, and Dylan was one of them.

Getting closer to her room, I could see a cop guarding her door.

"Good Afternoon sir." I said, approching him.

"Good Afternoon."

"I was just wondering if I can get in there and see her." I looked through the glass of the door. A curtain blocked her out and I couldn't see a thing.

"No vistors." He grumbled.

"Well I'm her brother and Detective Clarke said it was okay so.." I trailed off.

"Oh." He said, his eyes widening. He opened her door, gesturing me in.

I smirked, and walked into the room, closing the door behind me. Going behind the curtain, I trembled at the sight of an unconscious Dylan. She was thinner than I'd ever seen her before. There was gauze taped to the side of her head. Dark circles were under her eyes, and purple bruises covered her face.

Even in this state, she was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever layed eyes on.

"Dylan." I whispered, gently touching the bruise on her cheekbone.

She lied there, the only movement she made was her chest going up and down.

"She's in a medically induced coma." A voice said from behind me.

Turning around, I found who I assumed to be Dylan's doctor.

"Why is she in a coma?" I asked.

"You're her brother I'm told?"

"I am." I nodded.

"Well you sister suffered head trauma from her car accident. I am waiting for the swelling on her brain to go down before I wake her. She has a small fracture on her right cheek bone. She was also severely dehydrated and malnourished, as well as a blood alcohol level of .23 which is extremely high especially for someone her size."

I felt dazed. Dylan seemed to have gone through hell.

"Car accident? Is that how the police found her?"

He nodded. "Your family will need to get more information from the police, but from what I was told, she was most likely fleeing her captor when she had the accident. She crashed into a tree, your sister is lucky to be alive."

I looked to her again, my heart almost breaking for her. She didn't look very lucky to me.

-

Dylan's POV

I felt weightless. Like I was suspended in the air by no means of my own. I couldn't see anything and my mind was fuzzy. There was warmth on my face as if I was laying in the sun.

I felt at peace.

I wanted to stay this way forever.