Chapter Twenty Eight

Callum's POV

I buried my head into my pillow, groaning. I felt Dylan's hand rubbing my back up and down, I turned in her direction, my eyes still closed, and wrapped my arms around her tightly. Breathing in her scent, something felt off, she smelled like lavender and weed. I opened my eyes to discover that my arms were around Kelly.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, pulling away from her.

She smiled and sat up.

"What's the problem Gage? It's nothing you haven't seen before."

I jumped out of the bed, realizing that she was completely naked. I only had boxers on, so I quickly grabbed my jeans that were by the bed and threw them on.

"Kelly what is going on? Why are you naked and in bed with me? And where is my girlfriend?!" I said, looking around the room frantically. My eyes settled on the chair where Dylan's things were scattered the night before but now her stuff was nowhere to be found.

"Don't tell me you don't remember last night?" She said, getting out of bed.

I quickly turned around, not wanting to see her naked.

"Nothing happened last night, I'm sure of that. Where. Is. Dylan?"

She laughed and I turned back to her, seeing that she was now wearing my shirt.

"She's gone." Kelly shrugged, walking towards me. She put her arms around my neck. "She wasn't really your type anyway, too much of a prude. I know first hand how much you love bad girls."

I pulled her arms from around me and backed away from her.

"You have no idea what my type is Kelly. We got together when we were kids, and you slept with other guys throughout our entire relationship if you can even call it a relationship. You and I are never going to happen again, okay? We are done."

She scoffed and shoved me. "You weren't saying that when you were ripping my clothes off last night."

I laughed, angrily running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm not sure what you did to me last night, seeing as I can't remember much, but if you really think I'm going to believe that we slept together you're even crazier than I thought. You seem to forget that I've actually had sex with you before, many times, and if we had done it last night there would be scratch marks all over me."

She rolled her eyes, and bent down to pick her bra off the floor. "Yea whatever Callum, since you're such a great fucking detective, have fun explaining this to your girlfriend." She grabbed her dress and stormed out of the bedroom.

I looked around the room, searching for my phone and I couldn't find it. Going down the stairs, I heard the front door slam, I assumed it was Kelly taking her leave. Desperately scanning the living room, I hoped to find Dylan but all I found was my cellphone. I quickly dialed her number, but was sent straight to voicemail. I called seven more times, finally realizing that I was most likely blocked.

I could feel tears building up in my eyes as I raced upstairs and hurriedly packed my things and put clothes on. I ran out of the cabin with my stuff and took off to find my girl.

**

Dylan's POV

"Thanks for the drive, and the talk." I said, hugging Amy. I grabbed my bag from the back seat, getting out of the car.

"No problem sweetie, call me if you need anything." She said, before taking off.

I walked into my house, and for the first time, I was actually glad to be home.

"Hey Dyl! How was your weekend?" My father asked as he peered into the foyer from the living room. He got up, and walked towards me with a smile on his face.

I didn't know what to say so I just shook my head and tried not to cry.

"Oh no, Dylan what's wrong?" He said, embracing me.

I tried to talk but instead just sobbed into his shoulder.

"What happened, did Callum do something?"

"Please, I don't wanna talk about it okay?" I said, letting go of him. "I'm just going to go to my room." I wiped my tears away.

"Want me to make you something to eat? I can bring it up for you?"

"No thanks Dad, I'm not really hungry." I replied.

He smiled sadly at me before I went up the stairs.

Once I got to my bedroom, I threw my bag on the carpet and lied on my bed. My phone started to vibrate and I saw that it was Callum. Sniffing, I declined his call and blocked him. Callum and I were done, and nothing he had to say to me would change that.

There was a knock on my door but I didn't feel like talking to my dad about what happened so I said nothing and hoped that he'd take a hint and go. The knocking continued until I finally gave up and opened the door.

Much to my surprise, it was Justin.

"Hey." He said nervously.

"Hi Justin, can I help you?" I mumbled.

"Can I come in? I just want to talk."

"Oh so now you want to talk?" I snapped.

"If it's a bad time, I can go." He replied, stepping away from my door.

"Nope, its fine, there's no way this day could get any worse. Come on in." I opened my door wider and gestured him into the room.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I sat on my bed.

He sat down on my computer chair in front of me. "Is everything okay with you, you're not acting like yourself."

I threw my head back in laughter. "How would you know what I'm like? We don't talk? You've only every bullied me for as long as I've known you."

A frown appeared on his face. "That might be true, but I do know you Dylan. I may have treated you badly to hide my feelings, but that doesn't mean that I don't know you, because I do."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "So this is what you wanted to talk to me about, how much you know me?"

He shook his head. "I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, for everything, everything I've ever done to you for the past nine years. I know that my sister and I, and mainly my mom have treated you like you weren't apart of this family. I'm not sure where their issue with you came from, but as for me, I could never think of you as family because I'd always been in love with you. I'm sorry for springing it on you out of nowhere when I was drunk, and I'm sorry for kissing you, knowing that you are in a relationship. That being said, all I can do is ask for your forgiveness before I go, because I'm leaving tonight, for good."

I was taken aback by what he was saying, trying to digest it all with already so much on my mind.

"You're leaving? Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to live with my dad, and finish senior down in Texas. I just need a change right now, and in all honesty, I need space from you. I need to get over you, and I can't do that if I'm still living here."

I took a breath and nodded slowly. "I don't know what to say Justin."

"You don't have to say anything, I just hope one day you'll forgive me." He said, standing to his feet.

I got up and walked him to the door.

"I guess this is goodbye." He smiled.

I gave him a small smile. "Goodbye Justin." and closed the door.