Preface

With this book nearing 100k reads (thank you x 1 million btw) I have decided to update this preface

Hello, my name is Mae and I am the author of the book you are about to read and some other Haikyuu fanfictions. that you can find on my profile. I write all of my books as chubby reader which is specified and tagged right away. There are some traits (including that) that are specific with my OCs that are the (y/n)s that I write and a fellow writer here made a similar note that inspired me:

(y/n) will not be perfect to you! Maybe you believe this is obvious, but the comments I have been receiving as of late do not make it clear to me that this is a realized fact.

Her personality is general, her interests lie in general arts and she has insecurity in her body image. I did my best to put part of myself into this book so receiving comments scoffing at such traits is not helpful nor is it for those that feel the same way as me.

Body shaming is the opposite of what this book was supposed to bring, yet I am often deleting comments that seem to be body shaming the reader or practicing body checking. This is to celebrate those that do not fit the perfect mold. That's all.

Some other details to keep in mind (because this story was actually originally based on my shifting script lol):
     1) there is no language barrier ! I don't know if (y/n) speaks Japanese or if the other characters speak English and honestly it doesn't matter. I focused on cultural differences for the sake of ease in writing
     2) Miyagi and Tokyo are only like an hour apart in this perfect world. Are they actually six hours apart? Yeah, but that's a scary amount of driving for Bokuto Koutarou to do so we'll suspend our disbelief together :)

To those that have read before and are reading again: I love you more than words can convey. Thank you for reading my story and enjoying my works.

To those that are beginning this journey: Thank you for taking a step with me and lending me your ear and time. I hope that this book can bring you on a journey to the happy ending you desire.

You will not have to choose between the beautiful captains this book follows. Please, just enjoy the journey and trust me that you will get there soundly.

(3/6/21) - original

(3/6/21) - original

(8/13/21) - updated note

(10/14/21) - update for name reveal :)