Chapter 16

(CW: mature content after asterisks)

An "I told you so" never left Kuroo or Bokuto's lips, which kind of shocked you altogether

An "I told you so" never left Kuroo or Bokuto's lips, which kind of shocked you altogether. You had been blinded by your own need to be independent that you didn't consider that they had your best interest at heart in the end.

You were strong and you were capable, but it hadn't really fully crossed your mind that you were in a building full of guys that didn't have your best intentions at heart the same way and were much, much stronger than you. You had become so accustomed to niceties it almost shocked you whenever someone acted outside of that.

That night you were sat up in the manager's room talking to the rest of them about what had happened and they all shared in your grief about the day's events.

You started to throw on your pajamas for the night and as you reached for your shirt you saw a text from Kuroo pop up on your screen. It wasn't in the usual group chat that you had started to use to talk almost exclusively at this point. Instead, it was a direct message.

It read "Can you meet me outside your room in fifteen?"

You smiled and quickly replied. "Of course."

He responded with a stupid emoji and you sighed as you put your phone down. He liked to act so superior, but he was just as stupid as Bokuto sometimes.

You wondered what he could possibly want and your heart raced at the thought. It had been a few days since you had kissed him or Bokuto at all and you were almost aching at the thought of finally being able to.

You had experienced something so terrifying earlier, and the thought of being able to be back in that comforting place next to him made you want to melt. Though, if he tried to be rough with you right now it would easily be too much after what the way that boy had grabbed you.

You put on your usual sleeping shirt and shorts but also threw on your favorite high socks to keep your legs warm since you were going to be out of the room in a bit and sat down in your bed to wait.

Time passed by painfully slow as you waited for your chance to go see him. You wanted to make sure you waited until the last possible second so he would actually be there. No more chances were being taken in that hallway alone.

The other managers were far asleep as you rose out of your bed and tiptoed across the room to the door. As soon as you opened it, you saw Kuroo's face being softly illuminated by the few lights that were always left on in the hallway.

He smiled a soft, sweet smile as he looked at you and held out an arm for you to go under so he could hold you tight to his side. You quickly did just as he wanted and let out a sigh as you felt his comforting presence all around you.

After he started to walk away down the hallway with you there, you turned and whispered, "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere where I can finally just sit with you," was all that he answered.