Chapter 26

Your body moved on its own as you spotted the gym that Suga had confirmed would be where they were

It was the same one that they had described, one that Bokuto could go on for hours and hours about.

As you ran through the doors, leaving Suga behind, you realized quickly why they were so infatuated with the lights and the ambience of the entire place.

You almost had to stop and stare, but shook your head and continued along your path, hoping you could find them soon.

A flash of red was quick to catch your eyes as you made your way through the crowd. You turned towards it and continued your running in that direction. Sure enough it was full red tracksuits with "Nekoma" written across the back.

Kenma was the first to spot you. He was always overly aware and he must have heard your footsteps. You saw him pull on Kuroo's jacket and say something before the tall middle blocker turned around and saw you very close to him.

"(y/n)?" he asked as you slowed down to approach him at a normal pace and catch your breath. You wanted to collapse into his arms in that very moment, but managed to hold yourself together. You couldn't tell if he was confused or excited as he said, "(y/n), what the hell are you doing here?"

"I-" you forgot to consider what to do when you actually made it this far. You took a deep breath. "I need to talk to you."

"It's so urgent that you came all the way to Tokyo?" he asked and you nodded. He grabbed your shoulders suddenly. "Wait, how did you get here?"

"How'd you pull this one, captain?" said another kid as he walked up and put his arm on Kuroo's shoulder. He had a stripe of blonde hair down the middle of his head and you instantly recognized him from the practice matches as the team's ace.

Kuroo slapped him away as he continued to look at you. "How did you get here?" he asked again, this time more urgently. Yamamoto seemed to become uninterested in the conversation when he sensed that the tone was actually serious.

Kenma had just been watching your exchange this entire time. "Probably a train," he answered, nonchalantly.

Kuroo turned to his friend. "You see, that's the issue."

"Ah," was all Kenma responded before he turned away.

"I didn't come alone, Suga's waiting at the entrance," you said to finally calm him down. "Are you free now? I need to talk to you about a lot of stuff."

"A lot?" he asked, his eyes flashing into worry for a second.

"Kou, too," you said to which he nodded, almost seeming to get even more worried. You wanted to reassure him that it wasn't anything bad, but that would quite literally be a blatant lie. You had good things to say, but you also had a lot of bad to admit to.

"He should be getting out now," he grabbed your shoulder to guide you to turn around. "Let's go find him."

You walked with him, his arm placed lightly on your arm. It wasn't as protective as he usually was, but as he wore his full tracksuit displaying his name in a much more public place, he may have been worried about stirring up even more from onlookers.