Chapter 13

The drive back to Tokyo went almost exactly the same as the drive from

The drive back to Tokyo went almost exactly the same as the drive from. This time, though, you found yourself in the backseat by yourself. You were absolutely drained from your day and curling up in the backseat was all you wanted to do. They were still playing their questionable music, but the volume was much lower and they weren't screaming out the lyrics as they did last night. You silently thanked them for at least being that considerate.

The memories of the day came flooding back to you as you looked out of the window at the sky that continued to grow darker and darker.

You had questions for them about the fact that they had apparently known all of this time what they were doing. Did they know everything? Your face grew hot as you thought about the possibility that they told each other about all that had happened between yourself and each of them.

This was for sure your first time being in a situation such as this. Boys at home had hardly even given you any attention other than the weird comments that every girl needs to deal with, but they both seemed so different than any of that. You could have assumed it would just be a one-time act of attraction based on your first kiss with Kuroo, but he held you and comforted you in one of your lowest moments so you couldn't see it as that anymore.

Bokuto, too. You were instantly attracted to him the moment you saw him and he apparently thought the same way about you— which blew your mind altogether. When you thought about all of your encounters with him, it made you realize how much he had been catering to you this entire time.

Even today when you had done more than you ever expected to do with someone that you knew for such a short amount of time, he had been focused on you seemingly the entire time and when you asked about his own relief he just dismissed you. You shivered thinking about the memory at all. It had been so amazing, almost too good to be true, for so many reasons.

Your thoughts become softer as you closed your eyes and let the sound of the car engine and the soft rock of the car lull you to sleep.

***
"Is she asleep?" Bokuto asked Kuroo after seeing your head disappear from his rearview mirror.

Kuroo looked back and chuckled. "Yeah, she's all curled up." He pulled himself around and reached into the back to grab a sweatshirt that was sitting on the bags to drape it over you as you slept.

As he turned back to the front, he noticed his friend seeming much more anxious as he fidgeted his hand against the wheel. "What's up, Owl?" Kuroo asked as he resumed his slouched position in the passenger seat.

"I wanna see her looking all cute," he huffed, looking out at the road with big, sad eyes.

Kuroo laughed, reaching a hand over so he could grab the wheel and keep it steady. It was just a straight road, there was enough time for Bokuto to look back now. He took the opportunity quickly and whipped his head around to watch you sleeping underneath the Nekoma hoodie.