Chapter 21

Kuroo's home was actually within the city instead of in the surrounding area like Bokuto's

Kuroo's home was actually within the city instead of in the surrounding area like Bokuto's. You still had to take another train to get closer to the area, but it was a much shorter train than the one that you had taken into the city itself.

    At least one of them was keeping a protective hand on you at all points. While walking through a busy city in the dark, this was for sure welcome. So many people passed by you, you couldn't imagine walking this stretch alone.

    As you got off the train and emerged into another street, Bokuto had his arm around you now. Kuroo was a little in front of you, leading the way as you were apparently getting close to where you needed to be.

    Your feet were starting to throb from your long day of walking. You cursed yourself for wearing shoes with not much support for the sake of the style of it. At this point, you were so close to where you needed to be you just kept on pushing yourself further.

    As perceptive as the boy around your shoulders at the moment was, you should have anticipated him catching on, but you were too distracted by your growing pain to think about it. It seemed like he could anticipate what you were feeling before you could even put it into words and that seemed to be the case once again as he leaned down and whispered to you, "Tired?"

    "No, I'm fine," you answered right away.

    He let out a disapproving hum that let you know that he didn't believe you. As you were about to reassure him again, he stopped walking and you looked up at his face. He removed his arm from around your shoulders and moved to crouch in front of you. "Hop on!" he said excitedly.

    "Are you sure?" you asked, feeling nervous at the thought of him having to carry you.

"Yes! Now hop on!" His excitement as he said it made you laugh and at this point who were you to refuse such a kind offer? You wrapped your arms around his neck as he grabbed your legs from beneath and stood up. "Now we can move even faster, see?"

He started to run forward, past where Kuroo had stopped to watch your exchange and beyond before he looped around and ran back towards Kuroo again. You almost forgot his insult to you through your laughing of being carried around like that. "Did you just call me slow?" you asked, going back to his previous comments as he fell into a normal walking pace next to Kuroo.

"No," he said, squeezing your thighs a little bit, "I'm saying that you were tired so you weren't as fast.

"So you called her slow?" Kuroo said, taking your side. You smiled at him and he looked up to smirk back. It was disorienting being taller than him like you were in this moment, but you were enjoying being carried like this by Bokuto. You could feel his back muscles moving underneath you and you enjoyed every second as long as you kept your mind from wandering to how heavy you must've been for him to carry. You knew that if you ever brought up that concern, they would probably both start yelling at you.