Chapter 3

Now your walks home rotated between being with Kiyoko and with the other third years

Now your walks home rotated between being with Kiyoko and with the other third years. You had also become much more aware of the presence of the other players' eyes on you as you did anything around the court.

Some days on your walks home with Kiyoko, you would turn around and wave at Tanaka and Noya as they followed your path. Instantly they would swoon, highfive, or something else. One night you did and you heard a very nervous Tanaka say, "Y-you look very nice tonight, (y/n)-chan!"

You and Kiyoko would giggle every time you did. It became natural for you to do these things around them. They never took anything too far, always keeping their distance and their words were always sweet without being creepy.  You never thought you would have such innocent fanboys for you, yet here they were.

One night as you were walking with the third year boys, you turned back to look at your followers and saw that they weren't there that night. You couldn't help but be a little bit disappointed. "Are you looking for your fan club?" asked Daichi.

"I think they stayed after for extra practice tonight," added Suga.

"Yeah, I was," you answered honestly. "I like to look back at them and wave. It always gets such an insane reaction."

"If you keep on giving them stuff like that, you might go higher than Kiyoko on their list," Suga said.

You shook your head. "No, there's no way that would ever happen. If Kiyoko turned around and gave them any motion, they would probably die."

They all chuckled a bit, some mumbles of agreement were heard. You weren't offended by them agreeing, Kiyoko was simply that gorgeous after all. You never wanted to compare yourself to another girl in that way, but your own insecurities popped out whenever you were around her. She was shorter and smaller, and simply took up less space than you. She was sure to grab the attention of every boy around her so much.

"What are you going to do with your day off, (y/n)?" asked Daichi, suddenly reminding you of the fact that you wouldn't have to go to the gym tomorrow morning.

"Wow, honestly I didn't even really think about that," you answered honestly. "I'll probably do some of my online schoolwork and then play some Mario Kart or something."

Suga seemed to stop in his tracks. "Mario Kart?"

You turned back. "Uh, yeah. I brought my really old Wii with me from home."

"Wait, not only Mario Kart, but Mario Kart Wii?" Asahi joined the conversation. It was the most excitement you had ever seen in him off the court. Usually on these walks he simply listened and observed.

"Yeah, it was always my favorite growing up. I never seemed to get myself to stop playing it. I gotta say I'm pretty damn good at it," you all started walking again after stopping along with Suga in his initial shock.