Chapter 14

The sound of the car door opening took you out of your dreams

The sound of the car door opening took you out of your dreams. You squinted as you looked up and saw Bokuto shaking your shoulder gently.

You sat up, feeling something fall off of you and saw a white hoodie that said "Fukurodani" fall off on the seat next to you and upon further inspection realized that there was still a red hoodie around your shoulder that said "Nekoma." Your body felt warm at the thought that they had put those on you, it was almost symbolic of the commitment that they had made to you in a way.

"Hey, we're back, (y/n)," you heard Bokuto's voice say and you looked back to him with a squinty smile.

You started to climb out of the car and your feet hit the ground next to where Bokuto was standing.

"Here, have chibi-can put this on," Kuroo's voice said and you quickly figured out that he was on the other side of the car getting the bags out. He tossed something to Bokuto and you looked to see that Fukurodani hoodie in his hand. He turned to you with a smile, holding it out.

"B-but how am i going to explain that to them?" you stumbled, thinking about your protective team.

"How are you going to explain these to them?" Bokuto said, grazing your neck slightly. You swallowed, suddenly remembering the marks that we at the base of your neck. He continued, holding the sweatshirt closer to you, "We already determined that this is our best bet. I'll piss Karasuno off less than Kuroo and since it was my doing I should probably be the one to take the fall."

You almost noticed him shiver a bit and it made you giggle. You knew your Karasuno boys well and agreed with their sentiment. If you came in wearing another team's hoodie it would be hell on earth with questions, but if you came back from a day with two members from rival teams covered in hickies someone was going to actually die.

Since you had left so suddenly in the night without much thought, Kiyoko had been texting you since the morning in worry. As soon as you woke up you had explained everything and it didn't seem like she was too mad at you for leaving so quickly, but you were still nervous. You wondered if she had covered for you or explained directly where you were if anyone asked. Even without wearing another team's hoodie you probably had explaining to do, and you agreed with them that Bokuto's was your best bet at this point.

You put on the sweatshirt and enjoyed its warmth and presence for a bit. When you looked up at Bokuto, you noticed his big eyes almost admiring you, too. You reached out and hit him directly in the nose which made him stumble back and groan.

Kuroo was walking past the car already with your bag and you ran away from Bokuto to meet up with him which made Bokuto yell something about you guys always leaving him behind. You laughed as you looked to the middle blocker next to you and he gave a lopsided smile back.

As you reached the door and reached out to pull it open, through the glass you saw two people that most likely would have been the absolute worst to see in this moment.