Chapter 9: Getting Set

Five seconds of summer: Long way home

Bea shifted uncomfortably on the broom in between her legs. She felt both her legs drifting on the bare ground and her sweaty hands holding on to the broom with her heart accelerating. She was on the ground, but the more she watched the creatures flying high in the air, the more she was afraid.

There was a barrier that was separating them from the creatures. It was invisible and allowed them to see the creatures but not for the creatures or anyone else to see them. That way, they'd be able to practise this flying thing more protected.

Oh no, Bea heard Cloe mutter. It wasn't before she looked at the back of her that she saw it was because of Holy who looked furious. Holy was having an evil moment

"Great." Bea muttered sarcastically. Just what they needed

Holy threw the broom she had been holding in her right hand to the ground, making it bang down with a vastly sound. She targeted for the first person whom she could get a hold of...and as Austin was right beside her, she shoved him forward and wrenched him to the ground, making him to hit the ground.

Her strength was unbelievable for a seven year old, and Bea didn't like what she was seeing. This evil moments were getting stronger, and not just mentally but physically too.

"Wow!" Cecil who was standing a few feet ahead of Holy protested with a voice and expression that screamed Holy that's enough. But he didn't bother saying anything else more. It wasn't like Holy could hear him anyway.

"Holy stop!" Kevin screamed not caring much about the evil spirit that possessed her. It was still his sister and she was somewhere in there. But as wonted, Holy didn't seem to hear a world.

She decisively picked up a stone from the ground and was about to target it on the already hurt Austin who was still on the ground when Bea wished for the stone to slip out of Holy's hand. But that just made her angrier. Bea tried to wish for the evil moment to pass but that didn't work. Austin got up from the ground really fast and backed as far away from Holy as possible.

This wasn't the first time he'd seen an evil moment, but it felt just as bad as the others before. He hated seeing innocent people turning evil. Holy started to calm down and after a few seconds, the evil spirit wore off.

"Are you all right Hols?" Carly asked

"No." Holy couldn't help but say it exactly how she felt. "I don't want to turn evil." She sniffed

"You won't." Bea said hoping she was right.

"Let's just get this flying thing going already so we can plan what to do from here." Corbin said

Bea had even wished for them to learn how to fly with magic, but that wish like the many others hadn't been granted. So she knew she had to face her fears and learn this flying thing whether she like it or not.

"Are you okay Austin?" Justin asked. Austin nodded still looking a bit scared. But he knew that Holy hadn't meant to attack him.

"You know..." Bea heard Corbin saying looking at the broom in between her legs "That isn't supposed to be in between your legs."

Bea sighed and said "Seriously?" She couldn't even sit on the broom. How could he expect her to let alone fly?

"Yah." He gave her a cute smirk. 

"You're supposed to sit on it." She heard Justin saying

"...with both your legs at the side." Austin said finishing Justin's statement.

With that Bea quickly got the broom to the side of her legs as she picked up her left foot and got it to the right along with her other foot with her hand still holding on to the broom.

"Okay...now just slightly jump up so your legs aren't touching the ground any longer and pull the broom a little upwards while doing so." Corbin said. Bea took a deep breath as she did what Corbin had told her. But as soon as she jumped up from the ground while pulling the broom, she started shaking along with the broom about three feet up in the air. The broom wasn't steady at all. She tried holding on tight so she wouldn't fall, but that only made it even more unsteady.