Chapter 6: Evil moments

Bea heard what sounded like Carly yelling. She sounded angry which was rum of her. She never got angry, freaked out and tempered easily. But strange things do happen in places like Witch Ville

"Cloe! Would you just learn to cook properly?" Carly yelled all the way from downstairs. She was angry alright. But how in the world would the fact that Cloe was a bad cooker get her tempered? She had knew practically all her life that Cloe and cooking never went well together but had never got so angry like this.

"Is Cloe cooking?" Bea asked Cecil.

"Yah and I wouldn't be surprised if the house started burning down." Cecil replied

Bea rolled her eyes but couldn't giggle. But if they weren't stuck in Witch Ville, she would have giggled. She stood up from the ground and started running down stairs to see what was so bad that Cloe did that would make Carly this angry.

"For once!" Carly yelled from the stove with Cloe right beside her "Start doing something that actually suits your dump personality."

Bea's throat tightened causing anger to form in her just by hearing Carly say that. What had gotten into her? Cloe's face was filled with tears which wasn't surprising. For a second because of disbelieve, Bea thought that Carly was blushing and pulling some kind of prank. But after she turned her head for a moment in her direction, she saw the absolute seriousness on her face.

Bea tried to survey the kitchen and stove looking for what terrible horrible thing Cloe did to explain Carly's behaviour, but she saw nothing that looked disastrous. Cloe was either shocked or too hurt to say anything back to Carly. She just started crying and ran exiting the kitchen to up the stairs passing Bea.

"Carly!" Bea yelled with disbelieve "How can you say something like that to her?"

But Carly couldn't reply. Bea noticed a change in her expression. She wasn't angry anymore, she was confused. She looked so bewildered all of a sudden.

"Carly!" Bea yelled again obviously wanting a response.

"I don't know." Carly said looking freaked out. She was acting really strange, and her behaviour was so unlike Carly. "I don't know what made me say that."

"What do you mean? You just shouted at your best friend and said she had a dump personality and you're telling me you don't know what made you say that?"

"It wasn't me." Carly said narrowing her eyes like she just realized something. "I mean I said it but I..." She stopped. She did look confused and she didn't know how to explain herself. Maybe it was because she felt guilty. The things she was saying were ridiculous and didn't justify what she had said to Cloe. "I have to go and talk to her." Carly said heading for the stairs. But Bea stopped her. The last person Cloe wanted to see was her. Going up there would only make matters worse

"No, I'll go to talk to her." She said

"Cecil." Cody said before standing up from the floor and sitting on the bed opposite Cecil. "Have you wondered about why there's the word master on the gate of the castle?" He asked, but Cecil just gave him an 'obviously not' look. Off cause he hadn't. Why would he? At some things, he was the opposite of Cody. He never wondered about stuff like him. "I'll take that as a no."

"Co, just because there's a word master on a gate on top the tallest hill in this place doesn't mean it means anything." Cecil said

"Nah, it just has to mean something dude." Cody said.

"Like what?" Cecil asked

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked hoping Cecil would get it. But he just rolled his eyes and shook his head. He usually gave Cody that look whenever he was going all genius on him. It tended to get annoying.