Chapter 21

Maya's POV:

I jolt up from bed and run to the bathroom. I throw myself over to the toilet and start vomiting. My stomachs starts to cramp and I already know what's happening......my period. I get deathly sick on my period. My father has took me to the doctor before and they say it's 'normal'. Which I personally think is a lie, who projectile vomits and loses weight on their period.

My boobs hurt my tummy hurts my head hurts. IT ALL HURTS. I feel like going out on the highway and letting a car hit me. I take my medicine off the sink and swallow it hoping it will ease my pain. I proceed to brush my teeth and hair. I check under the sink for tampons.....and we're out. Now I'm pissed.

I stomp my way to my dads office and open the door without knocking.

"Can I help you" he asks, his voice calm.

"We are out of tampons and I just started my period" I say annoyed. He shifts uncomfortably in his seat. He never really makes a big deal out of it though. I mean he did raise, he was the one that had to teach me these things.

"Hm I can see the issue here" I nod my head "uh Jackson can take you to get some, you've been dying to get out of the house anyways." That is true, but I don't feel like leaving the house on my freakin period. I just want to sleep.

"Okay" I nod my head reluctantly. "When will we leave?" I ask him.

"Whenever you look human, I'll tell him to take you" I nod once again and walk out.

I make my way to my closet. Even though I'm on my period I still got to look good for the hottie that's taking me tampon shopping. I sigh and open my dresser. I find some black leggings and cute top. I throw on my converse and make my way to the bathroom once again to freshen up my hair.

I French braid my hair put on light mascara. I grab my phone and purse and make my way out the door. I guess I'll just meet Jackson downstairs.

I make my way to the living to find him waiting for me with his damn mask on. I smile at him and motion for us to leave. I walk out the door and he quickly follows.

Once we are in the car he takes his mask off and actually starts a conversation.

"So why do we need to go to the store" he asks me, his voice Void of any emotion, which surprises me.

"I need to get some things" I stumble.

"What kind of things?" He question curiously.

"Tampons" I deadpan.

"Oh"

"Yeah"

"Well. Um- anyways are you feeling okay. I know girls sometimes get sick when they have uh their yeah."

"Besides feeling like someone is stabbing my uterus and the constant urge to vomit I'm doing great" I answer smiling at him.

He coughs awkwardly. And stares at the road.

"Um do you wanna happy meal" he asks me quietly. Who could say no to a happy meal.

"Yes, thank you very much" I grin at him. He's still acting awkward. "So what have you been up too" I say trying to start a conversation.

"Nothing Maya, I live the same life as you. Sitting in your house all day" he teases.

"Yeah yeah whatever" I roll my eyes at him. "My life is great! Besides my monthly visitor but other than that my life is fantastic." He pulls up to the drive thru and motions for me to order which I do. I order 3 happy meals. 2 for me 1 for Jackson.

We get out good and he parks in the parking lot.

"Eat up, love" he says smoothly as I almost chock on my chicken nugget. He called me freakin 'love'. Now I think I'm in love. Nah....maybe. I enjoy my TWO happy meals and watch Minecraft on my phone while I do. Yeah, I act like a child sometimes. Get over it please and thanks. Jackson watches me with a distant look in his eyes. I don't question him because he seems out of it right now.

"You ready?" He asks suddenly. I nod my head and off we go.

Once we make it to the beautiful Walmart. Jackson stays beside me the whole time. We walk back to the 'lady's' section and looks for the goods aka drugs. Nope I'm kidding it's not drugs. I find my favorite tampons band grab them. Jackson just observes the whole time. On our way to check out I spot a giant stuffed bear bigger than me. So you already know what I did. I got it. Well I didn't get it. Jackson had to get it because it was to big. But let me tell ya it was a sight to see and big scary man carrying around a white fluffy teddy bear.

Well turns out the bear was a bit expensive but I still got it. The drive home was a bit rough considering I insisted the bear sit up front with me. It's head kept falling onto Jackson and he would cruse at bear. I would laugh every other minutes and then get the evil eye. Jackson also bought me chocolate and ice cream. Could a man get anymore perfect? I think not.

We got home and Jackson carried Harold the bear in. My dad gave a disapproving look at the bear and rolled his eyes. He carried harold to my room and sit him down on my bed. I sighed happily and stared at the bear.

"Ughhh ain't he the cutest" I say smiling.

"Yeah. The cutest" Jackson says sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Hang on Harold, let me get you some clothes" I run to Jackson's room and get the biggest shirt I can find and run back. Jackson watches me with a blank expression as I dress Harold. "Now he looks great" I smile at him and Jackson.

I walk over and hug Harold. This is perfect. That was the best idea I ever thought of. Now Harold smells just like Jackson. I'm a genius.

"Having fun" he feels voice echoes.

"Mhm" I mumble.

"Well I'm glad you got all the stuff you uh needed monkey"

"Thank you love" I say.

"What"

"I said thank you love. You called me love so now I can call you love" he smiles at me and shakes his head.

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right"

_________________________________________________________________

I did NOT steal this book. People are saying I stole this book. I had no clue that there was a book remotely similar to this one. It was literally a tiktok POV that people wanted me to write about. I messaged the author of the book people are saying I stole and apologized that MY book is even remotely similar to hers. I promise that I never even read her book and these ideas are solely based on what I come up with not someone else.

I DONT EDIT.

Don't forget to comment and vote