Chpater 6

Maya's POV:

I have to leave tomorrow morning. I hate getting up early. I'm really dreading being around Jackson for a full day. It's always awkward now, and he's rude. I'm still questioning what I did to him. Hopefully we can be friends again.

I pull one of my bags from my closet and staring packing. It's only one night so I'll just bring some sweatpants and tank tops. I grab my shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush and throw them in my bag. He better get me a big hotel room. I ain't staying in some small room with an emotionless bitch. I sigh and look over at my clock. Wow it's already seven pm. I haven't really done anything today but work on some school and eat. That's all I ever do anymore. I don't have a life in this place. It's depressing. I really want to leave. Why did I have to be born into the Mafia. It's not fair everyone else had a normal childhood. To be fair my father has tried to keep from the violence and drugs as much as he can but living in a place like this you're bound to see it. Technically I don't have to do school. I don't need a job in the future, however I wanted to have a somewhat normal childhood and going to school seemed to be the only thing my dad allowed. And by going to school I mean my bedroom floor with an laptop. I think I'm gonna get some advice from Brenda. Between you and me I've kinda wanted my dad to end up with Brenda. He's like five years older but who cares. She's always acted like a motherly figure anyway. Maybe they will one day. According to me dad he don't have time for love. Yeah okay and I'm Beyoncé. Everyone had time for love. I think I'm the only person he's ever loved. He's told me before he never loved my mom. Which I understand he had sex with her they broke up nine months later I'm at his door step.

I make my way to Brenda's room. I knock on the door hoping she's awake. She opens the door with her pajamas on.

"Hi" I say "I need help" she looks at me with concern at first "it's nothing bad I just need some advice" I tell her. She motions for me to come in. Now listen Brenda isn't old at all. In fact she's gorgeous. She's actually 37. She's my favorite person here. I've only every talked to
The strippers once and my dad pulled me upstairs and said don't go around them again. I was pretty disappointed because I kinda wanted to be stripper. I mean I could be rich and not my dad rich.

"What's wrong Maya?"she asks "I've never seen you this down before." I sigh and sit on the corner of her bed.

"Well ya know Jackson" she nods her head "I thought we were friends and now he won't talk to me." I look down and play with the rings on my fingers.

"Why won't he talk to you?" Brenda asks. I look up at her how am suppose to explain that night. It just makes me feel dirty.

"The other night some man grabbed me and tried to hurt me." Brenda gasps. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. "He found after about ten minutes thankfully the guy didn't get to do anything but kiss on me" I sigh and look back down at my hands. "Ever since then Jackson won't talk to me. He said he was sorry the night that it happened. That was the first time I ever heard him speak. I don't know why he's sorry, he didn't do anything. In fact he saved me." I say to her.

"Maybe" she's says "just maybe he feels guilty." I look at her confused. She must've noticed my confusion cause she kept going. "Maya a bodyguard is suppose to protect you. He wasn't there when it happened at first. He might feel like it's his fault that didn't get to you quicker." She sighs "he probably feels guilty and don't want to talk to you because it might make him think if he could've done it he was with you." I look at her with wide eyes.

"You think he feels guilty?" I ask genuinely. "He don't act like he can feel anything." I say. Could Jackson really feel guilty. He has nothing to feel guilty about he saved me. So what if he was a little late he still saved me.