Chapter 27

Jackson Pov:

Dammit how could I not have gotten there sooner. Maya has been in surgery for about 2 hours now. All I can think about is we both said 'I love you'. Not that it's a bad thing, cause I do love her very much. I just don't know how's she going to react when she awake and OK. My heart dropped when I seen that knife flying at her. She's so strong. I don't even know what all they put her through. I swear though I'm going to find that other bastard and kill him. I don't care how long it takes. Vincent hasn't said a word to me since we got to the 'hospital'. I think he's just stressed.

I just want to see my Maya. I should've never left. It pains me to think about what would've happened if I never left. Her dad said she acted depressed. I was only gone for like two weeks. I didn't realize how much of a effect I have on her. She's the first person that I've ever truly trusted. It's crazy to me how my life has changed so much in 11 months. It's almost been a year. It took 11 months for me to confess my love for this girl. 11 freakin months. I should've grown some balls and done it a long time ago. I still don't know how her dad will react.

I swear I will marry this girl. I just want to see her. It feels like I've spent days in this waiting room. I just need to make sure she's okay. I'm sure she'll probably be asleep when she gets out of surgery, which saddens me. But she does need to rest.

I must've fallen asleep, because Vincent woke me up and said we could see her.

We walked through the halls looking for her room. After finding it, we be as quiet as possible not wanting to wake her. I see her laying down in a hospital gown. She looks really pale and her chest is rising and falling slowly. The nurse makes her way in the room and begins to speak.

"Everything went well. She will need to rest. When she wakes up let me know. I need to ask HER something important" she empathizes on the word her which leaves me confused. The nurse leaves after checking everything.

Vincent and I awkwardly stand there looking at her. My heart breaks at the bruises and cuts down her arms. There's a really big one on her cheek, which leads me to believe they've hit her a lot. I sit down beside her bed and lean on my knees just looking at her.

Vincent stares at her without saying anything and exits the room. Well that was weird. I reach over and grab Maya's hand and rub the back of it with my thumb.

"I know you can't hear me, but I love you" I whisper in her ear. She has a beating tube which makes me nervous. I hope she wakes up soon. I just need to talk to her, hear her voice. I don't want her to be mad at me for leaving. It was dumb on my part but I didn't know what to do. I was feeling things I've never felt before and needed to get rid of them. I thought leaving would fix that, but it only made it worse. It made me want her even more.

I'll always want her.

Vincent walks in and I quickly release Maya's hand.

"Thank you" he voice sounds harsh. "Thank you for going with me to find her. She uhh- really likes you and I'm glad you came back. She needs a friend" I hate to break this to him, but when his daughter wakes up. We are not going to be friends. He's probably going to kill me.

"Mhm" I nod my head at him and walk out of the room leaving him some time with her. I walk to the cafeteria and get a large black coffee. If I don't drink this, I'm not going to be able to stay awake. I know Maya would be pissed if she woke up and I was asleep.

I take my time walking back to her room, trying to give Vincent more time. He's acting so timid and distant it's scary. Maybe this will make him realize he needs to pay more attention to her. Maya's world revolves around her dad, but her dads world don't revolve around her. And it should. Don't get me wrong, he's a great father. But he could be doing so much more for her. I could be doing so much more for her too. I wonder what my mom would think about all this.

I bet shes shaking her head at me right now. I know I was young when she passed, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her.

I hope I've made and make her proud. I know she's happy I have Maya though.

________________________________________________________

I DONT EDIT

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE <3