Mood Octopus ~ Texcali

Texas and California got in a fight at one of their meetings. Texas ended up saying some shit that he didn't mean and regrets it. He regrets letting the f slur slip out.

California is laying on his bed in a sea of stuffed animals while Line Without a Hook is playing from his Bluetooth speaker. The one part of him that is visible is his hand that is holding his mood octopus. He has a reversible mood octopus that is yellow and orange. Yellow is happy and orange is angry/sad. The octopus is currently orange.

His room door creaks open, the sound of boots on the hard floor echoes in California's room. "California," Texas says softly.

"Go away." Cali responds, his voice is muffled by the squishmallow that his face is buried in.

"I didn't mean what I said."

"I don't care, you shouldn't have called me that."

"I know and I'm sorry," Texas apologizes.

"Why did you even say it?" California sobs.

"I don't know, it slipped out and I regret it. You're not a faggot and if we're dating then that makes me a faggot too."

"Don't even say the damn word!"

"Ok, I'm sorry. Cali, I am, I really am." Texas says, "California, I love you." He gets no response. He grabs Cali's hand only for California to let go of his octopus and pull his hand away from Texas' and flip him off. "I guess I deserve that." Tex mumbles. "Are ya ever gonna talk to me again?"

California grabs the octopus and waves it in Texas' face before putting it back down.

"Alright." Texas sighs then sits on the floor by California's bed.

Cali bonks Tex's hat.

"What?" Texas asks.

California makes a go away hand gesture.

"You want me to go away?"

Cali picks up his octopus and makes it look like it's nodding.

"No, I'm not gonna."

California bonks Texas' hat again.

"Fine, I'll go away." Texas gets up and walks out of the room. He goes to his room and lays on his bed.

California is crying into his brown bear squishmallow. After about fifteen minutes he gets up and turns his music off and grabs his bear and octopus and treks down the hallway. He pushes Texas' room door open.

Cali lays on Tex's chest, not saying a word. Texas rubs his back, "I love you sweetheart." Texas whispers.

"I love you too, Tex." California responds and grabs his octopus and flips it to the happy side and sets it beside Texas.

"Are you happy now?" Texas asks whilst kissing the top of Cali's head.

"I'm content."