Young Witch ~ Young!Louisiana x Mentor!Massachusetts

A/n: The powers and stuff are more based off of American Horror Story not real witchcraft and Florida and Louisiana aren't states yet

Gov bought Louisiana, when Massachusetts first met him he could sense magic in him. Mass knew that this young colony would grow up to be a powerful witch, maybe more powerful than him.

Mass went out of his way to protect Loui. He knew that if anyone other than the states, colonies, District of Columbia, Gov, DC and other witches found out both Mass and Loui would be burned at the stake.

Mass has seen Loui use his powers but it's usually when he's scared and doesn't realize he's the one doing it.

Connecticut and New York are fighting in the other room. Louisiana can hear the yelling and it scares him a bit. Mass is sitting on the floor in front of Loui, "Hey, kid, just ignore them."

"They scare me," Louisiana says, his small voice trembling.

New York and Connecticut walk into the room still yelling at each other.

"Can you two stop?!" Mass shouts but the yelling continues.

"STOP!" Loui screams. The three northeastern brother all go flying across the room. "What was that? D-did I do that?" Louisiana cries.

Massachusetts gets up off the floor and walks back over to Louisiana. He sits on the floor in front of Loui, "Yes, you did."

"How?" Louisiana asks, fear written all over his face and tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Because you're a witch," Mass answers.

"I thought they burned witches?"

"They do but not us."

"Are you a witch?"

"Yes, I am. I didn't want to tell you that you're one. You need to find that out yourself," Mass places his hand on Loui's cheek and lifts his head up while wiping his tears away. "I'm going to teach you how to use your powers. You're going to be very powerful, I can sense it."

Louisiana climbs on Mass' lap, hugging him and burying his face in the state's chest.

"I never thought he would be the one to take him in. I thought it would be Georgia since he took in Florida but I guess Mass," Connecticut says to his younger brother.

"Yeah, well Mass and Louisiana are both witches but I still didn't expect this," New York responds.

Connecticut and New York have a feeling that Mass is going to blow it. Mass may have raised them but he didn't do the best job, he doesn't have a fatherly bone in his body but he tried but now they're drifting apart. Massachusetts has always been good at protecting them but raising them was a whole different story and something he was never good at.

30 Years Later and Louisiana appears as a teenager

Louisiana natural learned voodoo, just one day he just knew how to do it. But he didn't know what Massachusetts would think. Their coven and voodoo witches don't exactly get along.

Louisiana's voodoo stayed hidden for awile until someone found out that he was a witch and tried to attack him. Loui's first response is to stab himself since he's now a human voodoo doll so it hurt the man that attacked him. Massachusetts saw the whole thing and was mad to say the least.

Mass grabs Louisiana's wrist and drags him home. Once they get home Massachusetts slams the door. He turns to Louisiana, Louisiana can tell that he's pisses but before he can respond he gets slapped.

"How the hell do you know voodoo?!" Massachusetts yells. "Do you talk to the voodoo witches?!"

"No," Louisiana responds. "It came naturally."

"Sure it did!"

"It did, dad-"

"Don't 'dad' me! Just get out!" Massachusetts yells.

Louisiana runs out of the house, crying.

Mass realizes what he just did and immediately regrets it, "Loui, wait!" Massachusetts runs after him.

"Get away from me!" Louisiana yells and flicks his wrist, sending Mass flinging backwards. Louisiana closes his eyes to focus on where he wants to go when he opens them he's in the middle of the street in New Orleans. Everyone is staring at him. But they shrug it off after a minute. Everyone is a bit more excepting to witchcraft and voodoo in New Orleans than Boston.

His first instinct is to find a coven of voodoo witches. They would take him in, right?

Present day

Louisiana is sitting in a state meeting with Florida next to him and Massachusetts in front of him. He's trying to ignore the fact that Mass is staring at him. He can read his mind if he wanted to but Mass' eyes tell it all, they're filled with remorse.

"Know you could have apologized two hundred years ago and I would have forgave you," Louisiana says not even looking up from his phone.

"Is it too late now?" Massachusetts asks.

"Just a bit," Loui says sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I pushed you away, I've done some regretable things but that's the one that I regret the most," Mass says.

Louisiana puts his phone down and looks at Mass, "You're just my mom, she's pushed me away because I'm a witch. You pushed me away because I'm a voodoo witch."

"And I regret it. There's not a day that I don't think about how much I regret what I did to you."

"And I want revenge. There's not a day that I don't about what I'm going to do to you. But at the end of the day, I don't do anything because there's still a scared little kid in there that sees you as a father figure."

"I was a pretty shitty one."

"There's something we can both agree on," Louisiana grabs his phone and stands up to leave.

"I was right," Mass states.

Loui turns around to look at Massachusetts, "What?"

"I was right. I knew you'd become a powerful witch, look at you now, at least twice as powerful as me I'm proud of you and I'm sorry."

"Well thanks for that but I don't forgive you," Loui says the walks out of the room.